TianC
1 Nickel

New Alienware 17 R4 graphic card driver problem

The version of my graphic card driver(Geforce) is 21.21.13.6932. If I update the new version, the system starts lagging, so I can only use the old version. However, some games ask me to update the graphic card driver. Does anyone have the same issue with me? What should I do?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

RE: New Alienware 17 R4 graphic card driver problem

Hi,

The system has a GTX 1060 or GTX1070?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
TianC
1 Nickel

GTX1070

0 Kudos

Try this driver (perform a clean install):

www.geforce.com/.../111030

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
TianC
1 Nickel

I have already tried this newest driver but the system starts lagging when I install this.

0 Kudos

A new Bios 1.0.8 for Cassini 17 has been released, try updating the Bios.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
TianC
1 Nickel

Thanks for letting me know, I will try.

0 Kudos
5thAlien17
2 Bronze

Interested in outcome.

0 Kudos
TianC
1 Nickel

So the only thing cause the system lagging is the New version of GeForce Experience. After I install the new BIOS 1.0.8, I do a clean install of the newest driver. When I use the GeForce Experience, the system still have some kind of lagging, then I turn off the share function in GeForce Experience, the system not lagging any more till now.

0 Kudos