JJL1986
1 Copper

New Alienware X51 crashes all the time, NEED HELP!!!!!!!

I recently got (actually less than 24 hours)  my new Alienware PC X51 ( GF GTX 555 graphic card )

but since then I had more than 10 crashes !!!  It happens randomly when I browsing the internet , and it happens everytime when i  I play games, GOD, i m so annoyed... The screen just hang and goes black , there is nothing i can do but turn the machine off.

I have read a lot of posts and tried upgrade the drivers from all suggested version  & all different ways of doing it, but it seems like none of them work for me and the machine still crashes whenever I enter the game.

can anyone help me please?

thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
middnite
1 Nickel

Re: New Alienware X51 crashes all the time, NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Make sure your power connections are very secure and that you're not bumping the floor wart with your foot.  Call AW Support and they will troubleshoot online and send out a tech if needed.

0 Kudos
schneeball
2 Iron

i always when i receive a new machine from AW do a fresh install of windows and download the latest drivers etc from the support page , if you try that route make sure you install them in the correct order .

M18x R2 3940XM  , 16GB 1600mhz Vengence , 2 x M4 256GB SSD's Raid 0 + Seagate 750GB 7200rpm storgage , Dual 7970m Crossfire , Full HD , Bluray , Nebula RED , Warranty July 25th 2013 , Tactx Keyboard , Tactx mouse , Tactx Headset and Alienware AW2310 23" Screen .

M17x R2 940XM , 8GB DDR3 , 1TB 2 x 500GB Hybrid Raid 0 , Xfire 6970m , Bluray , Beyond HD screen , Nebula Red

M11x R3  i7-2617M  8GB DDR3  256GB SSD Stealth Black

XPS 720  Custom , i7 2700K , Alienware Water cooling  , 16GB Vengence DDR3 , 240GB SSD Raid 0 , 2TB 2 x 1TB Raid0 , xFire 6990's , Bluray

0 Kudos
mav711
3 Silver

You should call support 1-800-alienware and have them remote in.  If you can easily trigger a crash show them what you are doing to make it happen.  then they can troubleshoot and send you a replacement part if needed.  

0 Kudos
bills889
2 Iron

Uninstall video drivers - reboot

Download and run Ccleaner - clean out registry reboot

Reinstall newest drivers from nvidia reboot

If it's still happening call alienware they will send a tech out in 1 or 2 days to fix it for you.

My Alienware x51 -  Core i7 2600, EVGA GTX 660Ti, 8GB RAM, Crucial m4 256GB SSD (replaces HDD for better cooling)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stewart King
1 Copper

remove graphic card and ram and put it back..

0 Kudos
Sten1
1 Copper

I am facing this problem as well. I just got Alienware x51 today. The specs are i7, 8gb RAM, GTX 555, Windows 7 home premium 64 bits. Anyone can solved this problem?

0 Kudos