Highlighted
Daboross
1 Nickel

New Alienware, can't connect to old headset

I just got a new computer, Alienware MX14 windows 7 home premium.
It has built in Bluetooth, I have added my headset to the computer. But I can't find a "connect" or "pair" button anywhere. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the features of the headset, through its properties tab. 
I had this headset working with my old computer, which before I got my new computer, was upgraded to windows 7. I was using a USB connected Bluetooth adapter, and there was a connect button when I right clicked it on the Bluetooth window. 
The Headset I'm using is a Insignia Bluetooth Enabled Headset NS-BTHDST. It doesn't have any connect buttons. It just has volume and power buttons.
I'd like some suggestions on getting this to work...
My headset still works with my old inspiron, which uses a external bluetooth
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: New Alienware, can't connect to old headset

0 Kudos
Daboross
1 Nickel

It is Enabled, I have already searched on Bluetooth panel, and found it, and added it to my devices. Now how do I connect to it? There is no "connect" button.

0 Kudos

Put your bluetooth device in pairing mode, go to the bluetooth setting in the alienware. Click "add device" and it should show up?

0 Kudos
Daboross
1 Nickel

I have added it. The problem is what do I do next?

0 Kudos
Daboross
1 Nickel

the headset only has power and volume buttons

0 Kudos

Did you load their Bluetooth Software Download?

Have you downloaded and read through their User Manual?

0 Kudos
Daboross
1 Nickel

Hmm, When I try to run the software on this computer, It says it "cannot Upgrade my  software" and then

I don't remember my headset coming with a disc...  I think I know what I'll try next,

Thanks!

0 Kudos

You might want to ask the guys here on the OS board. Maybe they can figure out what we are missing in our troubleshooting.

0 Kudos