Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 29th, 2010 09:00

New Command Center 2.6.1.0 Problems

Problem 1)

All "AlienFX Events" stopped working since I'd installed "Command Center 2.6.1.0 A01".

So I reinstalled previous version and found that AlienFX Events worked fine again.

I tried clean install (uninstall previous version, delete directories, and get rid of registry remains), but it still doesn't work.

Problem 2)

Previous Thermal Control CPU Pump RPM has gone, and it's just displaying "Running".

Someone said that this is one of the new CC features.

But I think that the previous RPM feature is better than this "Running" stuff.

That's because I can still monitor the radiator fan RPM even though I can't change RPM manually.

If I'm not the only one who has those problems, I believe that Alienware or Dell techs should update the current Command Center.

Otherwise, please advise me to solve the matters.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Fortunately, new CC fixed some problems I'd been encountered.

It fixed iTunes auto sync problem.

And it has a new feature to close the fins when shutting down the system. Finally~~~

44 Posts

December 29th, 2010 09:00

What search criteria do you use to locate and delete the command center registry entries from of the uninstalled version?

Roy Berger

Problem 1)

All "AlienFX Events" stopped working since I'd installed "Command Center 2.6.1.0 A01".

So I reinstalled previous version and found that AlienFX Events worked fine again.

I tried clean install (uninstall previous version, delete directories, and get rid of registry remains), but it still doesn't work.

Problem 2)

Previous Thermal Control CPU Pump RPM has gone, and it's just displaying "Running".

Someone said that this is one of the new CC features.

But I think that the previous RPM feature is better than this "Running" stuff.

That's because I can still monitor the radiator fan RPM even though I can't change RPM manually.

If I'm not the only one who has those problems, I believe that Alienware or Dell techs should update the current Command Center.

Otherwise, please advise me to solve the matters.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Fortunately, new CC fixed some problems I'd been encountered.

It fixed iTunes auto sync problem.

And it has a new feature to close the fins when shutting down the system. Finally~~~

159 Posts

December 29th, 2010 10:00

I have no problem with "running" as opposed to an RPM value... I get NO screen errors with the current version of CC and enjoy the added features and updated look (I've even become accustomed to the super-fast media plug-in lighting...) MY ISSUE is that I have to "Go Dark" then immediately "Go Light" to get my programmed Events lighting to work....then after a short amount of time they no longer work - again....Almost like my MIO board goes to sleep or powers down.... reverting back to previous version gets my events lighting working without issue..... BUT STILL - No version, this one or any prior versions of CC EVER worked with Outlook 2007 new mail event.....

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 29th, 2010 16:00

I don't use Events, but I setup an Event for Notepad as a test. I tried setting it to Loop (constant) and non-looping.

I works for a while, (even keeps track of Window focus) but then all Events quit working (apparently for no reason). Anyway, just wanted to post to verify your findings.

I see some new AWCC Processes that are named like they control this. At least I think they are new because I don't remember seeing them before on 2.5.x versions. I think it's getting confused and it stops working until reset.

Even when it's working, I thought it was strange that a non-looping Event doesn't revert the Zone to it's System State Default color (instead, leaving it dark).

159 Posts

December 30th, 2010 05:00

I really don't use events either. I rarely even change my zones from being all dark blue. But, since the lighting does have the "cool factor" and the new mail event has NEVER worked for Outlook 2007...I thought I would set up an event to flash red when Outlook OPENS.....Well, that's when I discoverd the event lighting only works for a while and only after I "Go dark" then "Go Light".... THANKS for confirming that this is not just my rig. FYI: Events work in CC 2.5.52

94 Posts

December 30th, 2010 13:00

hi guys i was wondering if the majority of everyone is using the new command center  i have not installed it yet

cause i have doubts how good it really works...i kinda like to see rpm values in the fans instead of just saying  "running"(or ill just have to get used to it)

thanks...........and happy new year to all 

12 Posts

January 1st, 2011 02:00

In my particular case, the new install didn't take well.  While fans/RPM/thermal etc ran fine, upon reboot from the install - a windows error "Door Controller Stopped working" starts to pop up.  Unsure what's up with Dell QA/QC and testing...  Trying to get into A10 BIOS Setup is now a "race" to enter.

Sadly, it's gotten to the point where I cross my fingers with each AW update.

Alienware Aurora (Non ALX)

9GB TC 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

OC Intel i7 930 QC (3.36GHz, 8MB Cache)

Single 1.8GB nVidia GeForce GTX 260 GDDR3

Alienware TactX Keyboard/Mouse

1.5TB - SATA, 3Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB Cache HDD

Alienware 19-in-1 Media Card Reader

SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium

Single Drive: Blu-Ray Disc (BD) Combo

BIOS: A10

Windows 7 - 64 BIT (SP1 - Eval Copy)

94 Posts

January 1st, 2011 12:00

update    i did a complete uninstall of the old version and installed the new version  without any problems at all.i see some added features such as the pre defined themes section  so ill fool around with the program and take it through its paces.....i used revo uninstaller to remove everything.that program seems to work pretty good..........

No Events found!