Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 19th, 2014 08:00

New Nividia driver from Nividia for Alienware 14.

Nividia GTX 765M  is at Graphics Driver Version 331.65

Available on 9-18-14 version number 344.11

My usual experience is that for some reason, graphics drivers updates usually kills Windows, and I am not familiar with how to go back a level of graphics drivers in an unusable Windows 8.1 Pro.   That is, I have not done this, and there is usually some detail that is left out of some explanations. 

Anyone try this driver yet, and does it work after reboot?  

Perhaps our forum guys might make a little how to go back for us to read before we do an graphics driver update, and have to go to another computer to look up how to get back to where we started.  

Please direct Nividia to say whether their update is for Security purposes.   Else I will really wait a month to see how this plays out before installing it.  

Whomever, I am guessing it is M$ makes the Windows with info on drivers, and other places.  Dell please ask M$ to fix it so I can copy and paste info out of screens like the Nividia Update Screen instead of me having to type it into another window.  Or if Dell knows it is futile to ask M$, we need to mount a campaign of folks sending emails to M$ to fix this. 

Not to mention, seems like M$ has given up on the Windows 8 Start Button to work on Windows 9.  

• 

2.7K Posts

September 19th, 2014 11:00

You shouldn't have any problem with installing the latest version of Nvidia website; the only ones we don't recommend to install are the ones of the windows updates because they can mess with the video driver.  

166 Posts

September 20th, 2014 08:00

Downloaded and installed Nividia Driver from Nividia.   Shut Down and powered back on.   Works for me..

166 Posts

September 20th, 2014 08:00

Downloaded, Shut Down with complete power down.  Powered back on.  Windows is working.  

I allowed it to install a Nividia something on the desktop, which does auto updates.  Uh, I hate auto updates as I often use public WiFi, and auto updates can kill response. 

No Events found!