Highlighted
Elementian
1 Nickel

New System Booting Problem

I need help with my build, have problems starting it.

I'm using a used Area 51 ALX Chassis with stock Motherboard, MIO and PSU. I got the other parts and installed them myself:

Proc: i7 990x

Ram: 12gb (3x4gb)Corsair Vengeance 1600

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black 7200rpm

GPU: Leadtek Winfast GTX 580 3gb

Cooler: Stock Fan Cooler & Heatsink, 3x Arctic F12 PWM mounted at the vent. All connected to the Sys_fan port at the top lighting card.

After installation and cable check, machine started up and was able to enter the Alien Head Bios Load screen. I can see that the Bios build was A11. But after that the loading stopped near midway and the process froze. Restarted a few times (by pressing the power button) and issue remained.

So I proceeded to perform a CMOS reset using the jumpers. After doing this, the screen is blank and there is 4 beeps coming from the Motherboard (ram read/write failure?) I've tested the ram one by one and all returned the same 4 beeps. I've also removed the coin battery, reinstalled the processor. Same 4 beeps.

Also if the manual is correct for all motherboards, the CMOS reset is from left to right: [3][2][1] right? If putting the jumper at [2][1] for my machine for normal, it wont start at all. So its currently sitting at [3][2].

Lastly, everytime i start the machine it will run then stop once, the restart again. Is that normal?

Need help, need my machine up and running for work! My laptop can't keep up!

-Ian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Elementian
1 Nickel

Re: New System Booting Problem

RAM and GPU tested. No issues. Its either the mobo or CPU, both of which is a bomb to replace... will try and dismantle the whole thing from the chassis and run naked.

0 Kudos
Elementian
1 Nickel

Re: New System Booting Problem

Naked test with only the mobo, GPU and ram connected to the PSU also returned the same result. Could it be the PSu is unstable, or either my mobo or cpu is fried?

Help anyone?

0 Kudos