Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2015 15:00

New alienware 17 R3 problem

I get this new laptop yesterday. Every time it starts up taking more than 30 seconds. And I have found that the 951 SSD did bad in the SSD benchmark test. In 4k, its write speed is less than 1MB/s.

Hou could this happen?

I want to return. But I don't know how to return it.

8 Posts

October 25th, 2015 22:00

Known issue:

Go to device manager.  Open the properties of the accelerometer and then click on update driver.  It will D/L a working obne.  Then your laptop will boot fast...

Do not right click on the device and select update, actually open the properties page and do it there.  

314 Posts

October 31st, 2015 08:00

Just UNINSTALL the free fall software in Programs and Features

2 Posts

October 25th, 2015 12:00

I have the same issue with my new 17 skylake...1min to boot up and very slow read and write speeds

14 Posts

October 25th, 2015 13:00

Not sure if it's the same issue but I also had slow start times of over a minute with my 15 R2. Disabling the accelerometer under device manager did the trick for me. Now it boots from post to login in 10 seconds. Tech support said it's a known issue they are working on.

6 Posts

October 27th, 2015 05:00

Where exactly is the accelerometer in the device manage?  I do not see it even when I show hidden files.

8 Posts

October 31st, 2015 03:00

Sensor I/O devices.  it is called Kionix KXCNL Freefall Sensor

202 Posts

October 31st, 2015 12:00

updating actually fixed it!!!!

I was on the phone with dell trying to figure out by disabling all the startup stuff and having no hope.  He said it does take long and 16 seconds is non existent with alienware but he didn't know abut freefall.

I updated through device manager then found out you can update all the other stuff as well that you would never ever expect!  I updated the some battery thing, the pcie lanes, the chipset drivers, other things.  I would have never know about this if it wasn't for updating freefall lol

If I got any other laptop in the entire world I would have never found this out.  I'm going to update my main desktop now.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2016 00:00

I was having problems with Call of Duty Black Ops 2 that kept crashing with either a "clock_watchdog_timeout" or a "whea_uncorrectable_error".  It would happen randomly within 10 minutes of starting.  It drove me nuts as the only things I could find on google was "you have bad hardware" or "increased voltage needed for your overclock".  My laptop was brand new, so doubtful there was bad hw.  And I certainly wasnt overclocking.  What is going on???  Well after manually updating all the hardware drivers in the device manager as the above post suggests...  I never had another crash again.  I think it was probably something to do with the pcie lanes but I updated everything so impossible to be sure.

No Events found!