Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2011 13:00

New alienware M14x annoying startup problem!!!!

9 times out of 10, whenever i turn on my new laptop, the fan starts and the kepboard lights up, but after a second the fan stops and the lights turn off, then after another second it does the same exact thing. after the third time (sometimes after the first), the fan stops but the keyboard stays lit but the screen stays completely black and the laptop starts making these really loud beeping sounds, and it doesnt stop until i turn off the laptop manually. This really gets annoying and i dont know how to fix it. everytime i go to dell to get support it asks for my service id or somethin like that and i put in the id that dell finds but it says that my product doesnt exist. I cannot find the number to contact dell about this issue either. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. oh and everytime this happens, after i finally get the laptop to turn on, i have to reset my date and time. dont know if that has anything to do with the startup problem but like i said any help will be appreciated.

12 Posts

May 27th, 2011 23:00

Technical Support (800) 624-9896

Customer Service (800) 624-9897

12 Posts

May 27th, 2011 23:00

A faulty startup, like you are reporting, is usually a Hardware problem. Since it's not posting and you lose your date/time my first inclination is a BIOS/Motherboard issue.

No Events found!