Highlighted
Christel Meff
1 Nickel

No WLAN on AlienWare Mx17

HI ...

I´am going rabies on this issue and on the dell support driver download pages...

I reinstalled this MX17 and installed the available drivers...everything works well except wireless connections...and I think installing the correct/latest driver simply will resolve my issue but dell links lead into to useless void...

Let me explain 1st

After OS installation I followed Dell Rules on reinstallation the driver environment...finally no exclamation marks in the device manager anymore...BUT with WLAN turned on ( your hear the sound from the OS and the driver/decive appaers in the devicemanager )....saddly the WLAN neighborhood shows no available networks... even when the laptop stands right beside my fritzbox...strange here is we the laptop gets disconnected from a cable network connection the "windows wlan network manager" detects my wlan but when trying to connect it fails and afterwards no wlans are available anymore.

From the driver download page I am only able to obtain the intial A00 Release...

*UPDATE*

Somehow the missing driver was now available but even now with the A02 the issue remains the same...the driver installs the broadcom wireless app..showing available networks as long as ethernet cable is connected...

what is going wrong here

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pjack400
1 Nickel

Re: No WLAN on AlienWare Mx17

take a look at the thread titled m17x wireless woes,  I had the same problem, I went into the nvidia control and diabled sleep mode under advanced tab and fixed my wireless problems.  the article has alot of other steps if that doesn't work

0 Kudos

Hi Christel Meff,

Do you have the 1510 wireless card in that rig?

If so, we wrote an article to troubleshoot this specific issue.

The 1510 Wireless Card doesn't work after installing Windows 7

Pablo R.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

0 Kudos
Christel Meff
1 Nickel

Right now its working...but I don´t understand why since I dont change a bit in the driver environmet nor settings...simply turning it off an on again rebooting system, plugging ethernet in an out...

Easy as Dell I guess Smiley Tongue

I read the article above as I am having the 1510 and disabled all the powermanagement features from both NIC and WLAN

Hopefully this will prevent further strange wlan hookups...

Feel free to close

thx for assistance

0 Kudos

Hope you don't have anymore issues. Feel free to post here if anything else happens. Take care!

Pablo R.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty!
YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube
If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

0 Kudos