EdTittel
1 Copper

No idea how to set up and get Clear WiMax service working on my MX11

Took delivery of an MX 11R with Intel 6250 WiMax Card on August 4. Trying to get WiMax working. I can get the interface turned on but when I hit the "click here" link in the sign up for service message, it takes me to the Alienware home page. I just spent half an hour on the phone with Clear trying to get my account turned on, only to learn from them that they have no record for me via my full name, primary phone number, or even the WiMax mac address for my interface card. They say I need to contact you and get my "Clear customer number" so we can commence WiMax service on my machine. I was advised against setting up a new account because I signed up already through Dell and would therefore likely be hit with double billing.

Please help: how do I get my Clear access turned on for my machine? I can't find anything useful in the various help files or Web site information to help me resolve this problem. I would very much like to get this working and taken care of.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

--Ed Tittel-- <ADMIN NOTE:Email id removed per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE:Phone number removed per privacy policy>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EdTittel
1 Copper

Re: No idea how to set up and get Clear WiMax service working on my MX11

Follow-up: went back through Dell emails and checked orders status. Account was not yet activated. Went through the menus and selections to activate and status is now marked as "Activation pending." I assume that once activation actually occurs, the email I receive with notification will provide instructions on how to use my Clear account. To help future customers, I strongly urge modifying the "you must accept the terms and conditions" email to include information about how long activation can take, and when to expect to be able to begin using the account (I did accept and start activation on Friday, August 5, but status remains pending). If there is another email coming with account setup and usage information it would be good to inform customers about this, and they should also be warned that until activation is completed their service provider (Clear in this case) cannot provide any information about their account--because they haven't yet got one!

Thanks!

--Ed--

0 Kudos
Silverback1138
1 Copper

How much is the WImax subscription fee?  I was thinking of getting that but I already ordered. Wondering if I can upgrade later.

0 Kudos
EdTittel
1 Copper

$45 per month for 6 Mbps down/1 Mbps up + $35 activation fee. Month to month plan, so no long-term commitment. I'm game to see how it goes...

--Ed--

0 Kudos