Highlighted
globalfriction
1 Nickel

No sound issue

When i start my computer i get 2 error messages both from aleinaware command center one saying this:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon' threw an exception. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceDiscovery()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass..ctor()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.Factories.ProfileRepositoryFactory.get_ProfileRepositoryforController()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main..ctor()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

The Second one saying:

System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

Now my sound will not work at all. Even when i look at the volume mixer it does not show any sound being played. Please help me

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: No sound issue

You can try to perform a system restore to a date when the system was working properly, if that doesn’t fix the issue then I will recommend you to uninstall the command center and the audio driver, perform a power drain and then download the latest version of both drivers from the Dell support site and install them.

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
globalfriction
1 Nickel

RE: No sound issue

When I try to restore it it says that it could not complete restore. I will try the other thing thanks for the help