cooldreamer
1 Nickel

OSD Application for 15-r3

Jump to solution

Hi, I've just received my AW 15-r3 for about a week. I can't seem to get the OSD application to work even after reinstalling, updating and reset my pc. Anyone can help on the matter as I would like to have the battery desktop mode function available. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: OSD Application for 15-r3

Jump to solution

Hi,

On this model the OSD driver will only display FN+F7 (switchable graphics), the battery desktop mode function was removed.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
cooldreamer
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi.. thanks for the information. In that case is it advisable to use the power plug for prolonged hours as I am worried the battery will deteriorate if used it is charged for prolonged hours..thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes, it is not advisable to have the ac adapter plug for prolonged hours.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Qbo1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

what was the reason for removing the positive benefit of the battery desktop mode function?

I thought the purpose of that function is to extend the battery life for someone who uses their laptop primarily as a desktop.

0 Kudos