Highlighted
NA087
1 Copper

Ordering Alienware 17 R4 to Canada (for home and work)

First I am trying to order a  Alienware 17 R4 to Canada since November 2016 with these specs. The parts that I am having a conflict with are in bold.

CPU

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7820HK (updated from 6th Generation)

OS

Windows 10 Home 64bit English (was going to upgrade but since this will be my portable desktop for work and home i though against it.)

Display

17.3 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display with Tobii IR Eye-tracking

GPU

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X

RAM

32GB DDR4 at 2400MHz (2x16GB)

Wifi

Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Battery

Lithium Ion (99 Wh) Battery

Warranty 

4 Years Hardware Service with Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis

+

4 Years Accidental Damage Service

I contacted Dell Canada and I was redirected to a sales rep in INDIA. Now I kept saying I do not want a TN pannel but I want the GTX 1080. They say "let me see what i can do" take 20 minutes then come back and offer me

First lets hold this issue for a few min lets talk about customer service. I contacted Dell US because I kept getting tired of being redirected to Dell India. When i contacted Dell US they said I had to contact Dell Canada because its a different region. OK on this argument, IF its a different region I wish to be connected with a agent IN Canada, not someone who makes me wait 30 min to show me something I already know existed. I am contacted dell because I wish to have a dell engineer help me make this very custom order.

On top of that Dell Canada states this 

Chat live with a Dell Expert
Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–11 p.m. EST 
Sat–Sun 11 a.m.–8 p.m. EST

Why have a time if you are going to redirect me to India. Dell is going trying to beat Apple in customer service, Apple doesn't redirect me to India.

I do apologize but I am getting really frustrated with this now back to the laptop. 

I am coming to Canada in around March I would really like someone at Dell to help me with this order. I do not mind waiting a month for it or paying a little extra (my bill is already at $Canadian 5,623.23) I am tired frustrated and hoping someone can help me make this purchase. 

thank you

P.s. There are additional purchases with it, to be exact a Alienware External GPU and a carrying case for the laptop.

0 Kudos