Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2015 05:00

Out of the box Alpha stuck in repair loop

Just received my new Alienware Alpha, plugged it into the TV (Panasonic TC-P42ST60) and set it up as normal but after powering on it boots up to the Alienware logo then restarts, after restart it gets caught it repairing your PC loop, eventually giving me the blue troubleshooting screen.

I tried using the Dell factory system restore but it is still happening. When I try to boot into safe mode it says windows must finish installing first then restarts.

I'm caught in a loop.

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 05:00

I've managed to pinpoint the problem.

I plugged the Alpha into an Asus computer display then it worked as normal, it seems the Alpha cannot handle the HDMI EDID from the Panasonic TV. I noticed during boot it was saying 1080p@50Hz instead of 60Hz and this was throwing off Windows.

I will continue with setup via Asus display and hopefully force 60Hz in display settings so it will work with the TV.

3 Posts

June 4th, 2015 09:00

Has anyone come up with a solution to the Alpha not working on Panasonic Plasma TVs?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 4th, 2015 11:00

I've managed to pinpoint the problem.

I plugged the Alpha into an Asus computer display then it worked as normal, it seems the Alpha cannot handle the HDMI EDID from the Panasonic TV. I noticed during boot it was saying 1080p@50Hz instead of 60Hz and this was throwing off Windows.

Good troubleshooting.

Is the TV in Pal mode or something? I think 50hz is PAL. 60Hz is NTSC (USA)

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 4th, 2015 17:00

Has anyone come up with a solution to the Alpha not working on Panasonic Plasma TVs?

On the Panasonic HDTV, do you see a PAL/NTSC or Country setting?

Can you try connecting AVR (amp) in-between the Alpha and HDTV (all via HDMI cables) ... like in a living room?

No Events found!