Highlighted
jasonmckale
1 Copper

Overclocking a M14xR2

Jump to solution

I have a M14xR2 system with i7 processors running from Alienware at 2.6Ghz with 8 threads. Does anyone know how much you can overclock these SAFELY, and how to EXACTLY do it? I saw some of the options in the BIOS, but when I test my system it usually only runs at 2.7Ghz. Can anyone help me out with this? I want to overclock my system and get the most out of it for gaming.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
morblore
4 Ruthenium

Re: Overclocking a M14xR2

Jump to solution

The manual says when you enable the overclocking features in the BIOS it should display additional overclocking options but it doesn't say what they are. When you go in there does it say anything like Load OC lvl 1? If so you would just click that and then save and exit.

To test it overclock read this article and follow the instructions: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=535179&docl...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

2 Replies
morblore
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

The manual says when you enable the overclocking features in the BIOS it should display additional overclocking options but it doesn't say what they are. When you go in there does it say anything like Load OC lvl 1? If so you would just click that and then save and exit.

To test it overclock read this article and follow the instructions: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=535179&docl...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

jasonmckale
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help. I have everything going like I want it.

0 Kudos