Highlighted

PC Chassis locked with padlock?

First of All, thank you very much to the Dell workers for build the Alienware Area 51 Alx that I recently acquired.

Now here's my problem, when I unpacked my new PC and i was looking the chassis, i discover a ''padlock'' with ound shape, this concrete:

And because of this I can not move the ''release panel'' to access the inside of my PC. I want to know how could I remove this or is a manufacturing defect that needs a special key and if so, why not come with the PC.

Thank you for sending me here shesagordie.

Thanks in advance.

Atte. Crimson Rednight

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AAA737flyer
4 Germanium

Re: PC Chassis locked with padlock?

Dell stated putting them on 51's with the more powerful PSU installed. There was a thread with this discussion about two months ago. You will need to have Dell call a tech out to remove it so as to not void the warranty.

I believe that was the end result.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Dave9
3 Argentium

Thats the most stupid thing I have ever seen.  So I go buy a new car and Toyota locks the gas tank so I can't add gas.  I have to contact them to open it.  How many cars do you think they would sell if their customers knew that.

DELL XPS 12, also Alienware Area 51 ALX, BIOS A11, Intel I7 990x 3.46GHz, 12 gigs mem, Duel 2TB Seagate HD, Wireless Card, BluRay Writer, CD/DVD Writer, Dual ATI Rad 6870's, Liq. Cooling, Built in Sound,Windows7

0 Kudos