Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2010 17:00

Please help...I can't seem to get the A08 bios update utility to work

Hi, I have an Alienware m15x and wish to update my bios to version A08.  However, after downloading the bios update program, I can't seem to get either an iso image or the usb flash drive option to work.  I have a dvd-r drive but I understand the utility only works with cdr media.   I tried to use the usb flash drive option but it says my drive is too big (4gb).  I then tried to create an iso image but the image only has a readme.hta file on it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

372 Posts

September 26th, 2010 09:00

AW has an interesting policy.. Either they update your bios or your warrenty is void.  Pretty cute and dried.  You need to return it and they find a differant rev., you might have to cover the repair.  They can do this by loggin in your PC and doing it for you.

September 26th, 2010 10:00

Nice policy.  I guess we aren't supposed to update our bios without help.  I did finally manage to get the update to work by using a third party burning tool with an iso image of the bios.  It actually worked great and the now my M15X works much better. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 26th, 2010 12:00

Either they update your bios or your warrenty is void.
* That is incorrect for Dell/Alienware PCs. Updating your bios does not void the warranty. Who told you this? In fact, if when upgrading the bios it fails and the CMOS chip is corrupted, we will replace the motherboard if your warranty is still current.

No Events found!