Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 20th, 2011 17:00

Poor Customer Service and Delays

I ordered an Alienware 14x laptop that was sent to me two weeks ago. It came with a broken speaker light in the front, so I called and they sent me all over the place. I was about to return it but decided to give them a chance. So after many disconnects, and jumping from department to department they finally agreed to exchange my laptop for a new one. 

I was issued a "case manager" who was dealing with my issue. He even called and said that my laptop would be shipped out on the 19th of October (yesterday) and I'll be receiving it today (the 20th of October). Called them to find out that my laptop is actually still in production and hasn't been shipped out at all. The representative even noted that he did see that estimated delivery date would be the 20th however he tells me that it'll be another 5-7 business days. This is ridiculous Dell, you're now not only sending me defective laptops but lying to me as well. How do you intend to keep business with your customers if you fail to do what you promised?

- Signed, 

A very unhappy customer. 

1.2K Posts

delays happen ...   and so do defective parts .. think it takes average 37 minutes on a car assembly line to build a car.... so how long to build a laptop? you think its actually tested before it leaves? its assembled and boxed with a pre loaded hard drive ..... you want a system thats tested .. ask for a refund and get orginpc(original alienware people)  its tested for 24-48 hours then boxed and lifetime support:O but costs  an arm and a leg .. anyway they should have a reason for the delay ..  if not.... typical dell LOL .. ive had my system repaired multiple times and replaced 3 times(m17X) the last being an R2 .. i sold it  was fed up at this point of 6 months of broken parts bad techs and DOA components .. so i know your frustrations ...

hopefully the new on isnt actually a *dressed up refurb* as they do try and pass it off

15 Posts

They didn't give me any good reason for their delay. Typical dell indeed, no help whatsoever. Really am thinking of that refund. Giving them too many chances seems to think they can just do whatever and say whatever.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting a refurbished one instead. Looked up Origin just now. Very nice laptops, and it looks legit.  Thanks for the advice, I do see how it costs an arm and leg though. Ouch.

1.2K Posts

October 20th, 2011 19:00

yea the founder of orginpc is one of the original alienware founders so,   my buddy has an old M9700 i believe it is , alienware laptop and it just wont die ... dual 7900's lol  old school

72 Posts

October 30th, 2011 17:00

I have the same problem,I had 6 replacements and over 10 repairs,dell will run you around until you get crazy.I am waiting a week now for a promised 24 hour callback,maybe dell meant 24 days because thats how long my m14x has been dead,Besides the 100 phone calls and so many emails,I was promised a new better pc an upgraded warranty and all Ive gotten is a years worth of aggrivation and a lemon pc that never worked right.They even shipped it wrong before I even got the thing.I am used to this horrible service now,but I refuse to let this go.They've cost me 5 times what this dead laptop is worth.How does dell keep getting away with this Ive seen hundreds of posts with same quality and no support lies cancels every rep saying the complete opposite of the other,I'll end here Ive written and facebooked and even sent BBB and attorney General,I just cant take the aggrivation anymore.I hoe you dont go through half of what I did,JH but being that you just got yours a few weeks ago.Im sorry to tell you I have problems with dell support for a year now and my m14 since june going back and forth.Dell used to be good,not anymore.

15 Posts

October 31st, 2011 14:00

That's a scary though, I don't want to be in this position for another week let alone a year. I really hope that they're going to help me out.

2.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 09:00

That's a scary though, I don't want to be in this position for another week let alone a year. I really hope that they're going to help me out.

Dell support has become aweful. I hope it all works out for you.

72 Posts

November 20th, 2011 12:00

I am curious how it worked out as I was lied to so many times by dell it's crazy.Let me know how you made out Jhnguyen,Thanks.

15 Posts

December 14th, 2011 19:00

Hey Joe,

Sorry it took some time to reply back, wanted to give some time to test out the replacement they sent to me. It's been about a month and a half since they sent me the new one and just recently ran into video card trouble. It won't let me access the video card and after some troubleshooting the technician deemed it to be defective. Why am I not surprised? So it's currently running on the intel card instead of the Nvidia one.  Anyways, a technician will be here in two days or so to fix it so we'll see how it goes. I think I've fallen into what you did. Wish me luck...

72 Posts

December 14th, 2011 19:00

Hey J, I was wondering what happened,so its been a while.I found an excellent rep on social media I posted on NBR and dell was working on some issues and I started chatting with BIll@dell he's a real good guy,anyway,he set me up with a social media rep who handled my case right away when he saw how many issues I had and all my emails and documents he just said I got you covered.And by God he did! I was wondering how you made out,if you still have trouble,get in touch with social media,I have been in close contact even after with team leaders about the crazy support issues Ive had.I hope all works out for you,I know a few people who have gotten help from Chris m on here and also tweeting social media group through @dellcares on twitter.Good luck J,Dell helped me in the end.It took finding the right rep but it was worth the wait,and now I actually made a few friends at Dell.Let me know how it goes and you know how long I waited,so hang in there,I am sure dell will make it right.Good luck and happy holidays.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

15 Posts

May 10th, 2012 15:00

Hey Joe, hope everything worked out for you. Basically got that "new" laptop last December. But now having issues with motherboard, or ram. 4 consecutive beeps when I try to turn it on. It begins again! Did I mention there was a motherboard failure in February where they had to send a tech to switch it out. They're sending out a technician again in 2-3 days. Of course, not including weekends. Oh sigh, so much for "next business day support." Sighs...this is too much trouble in just a few months.

72 Posts

May 11th, 2012 08:00

Hey J        ! It's been a while,I figured you got sorted or gave up.I have had so many issues its unbelieveable,however Dell did help me but support is erratic at best.I posted how great they were and all the help they provided me all over the social media sites,and them I have issues and I understand nothings perfect but listen to this now.I asked for a new ssd to replace an alienware corruption from the stupid dell partition,any way I replace the parts myself as techs have wrecked my machines every time they came now since I do it myself not a single issue from labor problems.But heres my latest,I asked for a new ssd on march.22nd!!!! It's now 5?11/2012!!!! NBD service yeah ok! LOL I am waiting almost 2 months for a simple ssd,I bought 3 in the interim,while waiting and use them in my other pcs.I have a real nice rep but come on I could have swam to china and got it already!LOL I give credit when due and I feel let down by dell/alienware again.I will be happy if I ever get my pc right,dell and my rep can be great I dont get the problem now,but like the old saying."It's always something" Sorry to hear about your troubles again J.I see alot of people like us with just too many problems.Good luck J and keep me posted, man! By the way I have 5 Alienwares now because of them helping me etc thank god I have another pc to use,but it makes you think about the next pc purchase.I buy at least 2 to 5 a year in my immediate family alone,3 are brand new M18X laptops and a new M14X and 2 m17xs between myself my son and brothers.So I am a great customer for 15 plus years and still get jerked unless I email my SM rep directly Im surprised it's taking him 2 months for an imaged SSD drive?!?! I'm sure I'll be talkin to ya soon J.Take care,         Joe

No Events found!