Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2010 17:00

Power supply ??

Hi Guys I'm having an issue with my comp. When I push the power button it acts like it wants to start, then shuts off then clicks like it wants to start then off again,then a few seconds later does it again . The powers that be tech support thinks its the power supply. What your take on the situation.

7 Posts

March 8th, 2010 16:00

WOW Guys the tech call me today and just left the house !! He put in the new power supply! And it started up first time ! Called on Friday 3/5/10 and got it repaired 3/8/10

24 Posts

March 5th, 2010 17:00

Its a PS issue seems like it don't have enough juice but some times its tricky if it have PCI-e video card that could be a problem also since smallest PCI-e video card use 75w just from the board so if PS is not giving enough power it will not let you turn on the computer if you know some stuff about computers take out the PCI-E card and try to power it up if same results then think PS is dieing hope it helps, try at your own risk i am not liable for any thing :)

7 Posts

March 5th, 2010 18:00

LOL Don't worry I wont hold it against you ....Mmmm didn't think about that. I'll check that next time it starts doing it again. This morning I pushed the button and it started right away on first try. Tomorrow I don't know.

52 Posts

March 5th, 2010 21:00

Hi Guys I'm having an issue with my comp. When I push the power button it acts like it wants to start, then shuts off then clicks like it wants to start then off again,then a few seconds later does it again . The powers that be tech support thinks its the power supply. What your take on the situation.

You know what...open the case and check the plug going into the power supply.  When i got my system my drive was not working.  So i checked my connections and it was not seated properly.  Once I pushed the connector at the power supply...boom light came on and all is fine now.

No Events found!