Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2014 22:00

Problem with Dell Webcam Central for Alienware Mx17 R3

Hey guys, so I've recently been having issues with my Dell Webcam central for my Alienware Mx17 laptop. I've never had an issue before one of the skype updates(not sure which) but when I run the camera in capture mode, which is running off skype, the camera works perfectly. It's clear and easily picks up everything around me. However, when the camera runs in Skype, which the camera is now in IM mode, the camera quality is poor and can barely pick me up with the same lighting conditions as before. The camera is dark and I have to be right next to the screen for it to even show me. Like I've said, I have never had this issue before and I've tried troublshooting a little, such as uninstalling and reinstalling before apps (camera and skype) but nothing has worked. I should also note I am running Windows 7 ultimate edition and if anyone has had a similar problem then I would love to hear what solutions you came up with if any. An if you need me to provide model number of latop or provide screenshots of the call quality I will do so in next post. thanks in advance for any help you can provide

• 

2.7K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 12:00

To determine if it is whether a Skype or a camera issue can you please try using another program? 

1 Message

November 4th, 2014 10:00

I have the same problem happened around the same time as you.

No Events found!