Highlighted
TYPE24R
1 Copper

Problem with Restore on M11X...

Guys, this problem has just occured on my system and I don't know if anyone might have a solution for this...

I'm trying to do a system restore via the F8 system recovery in Windows, it has worked before when I did a restore about two weeks ago but I tried to do it again and now the system recovery states it cannot see a recovery image. Now I'm sure it exists because I can still see the two partitions on the hard drive as well as the one holding Windows 7 and my apps, now I don't know if this was my undoing but an error appeared out of nowhere about a device no being accessible and that system restore could not function, so I foolishly wiped the windows partition and reinstalled via the disk only to realise that it was just a barebones windows 7 premium and nothing else. So I tried to run the system restore but it could not see the recovery partition anymore...

Scouring the web, I found on this forum several people like myself making this mistake and someone had written a post stating about using the WAIK and its imagex function from this - lo and behold it worked and my entire system restored itself to the factory settings - the only problem though is that if I try and do it the system recovery way - it cannot see the restore image...

Have I inadvertently deleted something to stop the system recovery seeing the original image and does anyone know how I could restore this so I dont have to use IMAGEX again as my only way to restore my M11X ???

I have ordered an 8GB usb drive and Acronis True Image 10 this week as an option but I'd like to be able to have the M11x like it was initially...

Any help or advice would be apreciated...

M11X - Lunar Silver -  SU7300 - 8GB DDR3 800mhz - 256GB SSD - 1GB GForce GT335 - Windows 7 Home Premium

0 Kudos