Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2013 10:00

Problem with my x51 :(

I recently have been getting a problem with my (around three month old) Alienware x51. When I am on it for a little while, all of the lights, on the sides and on the front (3 in total) turn red. it does feel slightly warm around the back and I am unsure whether it is just due to overheating because of dust blocking the vents. i then carry on playing my game, expecting the inevitable and then my monitor says no signal but the computer is still on with the red lights. I apologize if there is already a thread for this but i have searched and couldn't find one.

Another piece of possibly useful information would be that it only started happening when I began playing APB reloaded a while back.

Thanks in advance for any of your help :)                                                                                                                                                  EDIT: i just launched ABP and the lights turned white, don't know if that is helpful or anything.

245 Posts

May 27th, 2013 22:00

Doesn't sound like a problem....

ABP could be AlienFX enabled... some games will interact with your alienfx lighting during game play.. BF3 does this and other titles.  So, if only certain games change your lights this is normal.

you can turn it off if you right click the AlienFX icon in the system tray and select to "disable 3rd party access" or something like that.

May 31st, 2013 07:00

About the computer turning off the screen- Have you tried checking the temperatures during your gaming sessions?

Here is how.

No Events found!