Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2012 22:00

Problems with Alienware FX.

So, I recently bought an Alienware m17x and had lots of permissions problems. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate, however, I didn't backup my drivers correctly. Wasn't really that big of a problem, I just had to download and install them from Dell's website, not difficult, just time consuming.

Anyways, I reinstalled the Command Center (Which looks different from the original one I had, which I'm assuming was just an earlier model.) and it opens. However, it doesn't recognize any of my hardware for my lights, and it's just a blank screen and I can't change any color.

Can anyone help me? I attached a screen shot I did last night.4380.Capture1.PNG

348 Posts

January 18th, 2012 06:00

Whatever you do, do NOT use the command centre off your Cd/DVDs which came with the system or use Alien ReSpawn, it will kill your lights.

Hopefully someone can help with this but the warning is all I got :)

5 Posts

January 18th, 2012 15:00

Thank you Cenobitez.

Luckily I don't have my DVDs! Any help is appreciated. At least I know what NOT to do, which definitely helps rule out any more problems.

757 Posts

January 18th, 2012 15:00

Download CCC onto desktop.

Completely removed the CCC and use a cleaner like system mechanic to clean up registry / comm references, etc...

Turn off system and hold down power button until light on i/o board turns off.

Restart computer, make sure anti virus is disabled, and install CCC from desk top.

Don't update from CCC once installed and working correctly.

348 Posts

January 18th, 2012 18:00

Chris-M the mod recommends CCleaner if that helps/

5 Posts

January 18th, 2012 23:00

Actually, I unstalled my .NET framework, and installed 4.0. After a restart it worked just fine!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

No Events found!