Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2010 06:00

Puzzled at Shipping

Hi everyone,

My Aurora Desktop apprently shipped last night; however, I clicked the tracking number only to find no information at the time. Concerned, I called Fed-Ex ground and gave them my tracking number and my address and the lady I spoke to told me that no package has been scheduled for delivery to my address. What is going on?

Has anyone had similar experiences? Does it just take a little while for the information to go through?I tried calling Dell but it's currently after hours. Please help put my mind at ease. Thanks all

Confused Bachjess

18 Posts

February 26th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for the comforting words Yodasmaster and Aplar,

Here's an update. I've called FedEx who told me that my Desktop is stuck at the Juarez, Mexico and El Paso, Texas border and is held up in Customs. The lady I spoke to at FedEx also said that it is likely that Dell did not provide complete paperwork for the machine and that's why it's being delayed. I then called Dell (again) to enquire about this only to be told that my machine is in transit and therefore they cannot confirm this. However, I was told by the Dell lady that if I see no change in status in Fed Ex's information by this coming Monday, that Dell would send me a replacement system that would be sent overnight. Man, what a pain. I thought it would be plain sailing once the product is shipped but apparently not. I don't mind admitting that if I only had the extra cash, I might seriously considering cancelling this order and going with an Origin Machine. So here's my tale. Thanks for listening all. *bow*

Bachjess

58 Posts

Hi everyone,

My Aurora Desktop apprently shipped last night; however, I clicked the tracking number only to find no information at the time. Concerned, I called Fed-Ex ground and gave them my tracking number and my address and the lady I spoke to told me that no package has been scheduled for delivery to my address. What is going on?

Has anyone had similar experiences? Does it just take a little while for the information to go through?I tried calling Dell but it's currently after hours. Please help put my mind at ease. Thanks all

Confused Bachjess

This is normal.  Dell processes the shipments in house to generate the tracking number.  It usually takes overnight for the data to work its way into FedEx's systems.  I would try again later today and it should be updated -- though it might just say 'Billing Information Received' or something of that nature.

31 Posts

Don't be. It takes 24-48 hours for FedEX to update their systems! Congratulations about the shipment!! Post some pictures and game a little for us. ;)

18 Posts

February 25th, 2010 10:00

Dear Jay and Aplar,

Thank you so much for you replies. The lady I spoke to from Dell told me to check again in 24 hours and that she was going to ensure that my desktop was being shipped to me.

I'm  sorry so many people are still waiting for their machines to be shipped. I will be thinking and hoping that all your orders will be shipped soon.

And Aplar, sure I will game on everyone's behalf.

Cheers and take care all,

Bachjess

18 Posts

February 26th, 2010 11:00

Hi all,

I'm now thoroughly confused because even though my order says shipped, my FedEx status says my desktop hasn't even been picked up by FedEx yet. Furthermore, when I called FedEx I was told the same thing. I have a 7 day shipping rate. Is this normal for the machine to be stuck at Dell for a couple of days before it is picked up? I figured once it said shipped, it would physically be on the road to me. (And there is conflicting info too. Dell informs me that my parcel was shipped on the 23rd Feb and according to FedEx, my package was entered into their system on the 25th Feb. Thank you everyone. Take care

Bachjess

76 Posts

Hi all,

I'm now thoroughly confused because even though my order says shipped, my FedEx status says my desktop hasn't even been picked up by FedEx yet. Furthermore, when I called FedEx I was told the same thing. I have a 7 day shipping rate. Is this normal for the machine to be stuck at Dell for a couple of days before it is picked up? I figured once it said shipped, it would physically be on the road to me. (And there is conflicting info too. Dell informs me that my parcel was shipped on the 23rd Feb and according to FedEx, my package was entered into their system on the 25th Feb. Thank you everyone. Take care

Bachjess

it's normal. I had next day air and it said it shipped from Dell on the 15th. Yet it wasn't actually picked up by fedex until the 17th. Then it was picked up after hours, so it took two days to get to me, not one.

31 Posts

It's at the FedEX station. They only update it when it is on the truck to you. Also, they update the status in groups, every 5-7 hours. Sometimes it takes days to update. One of my packages was "stuck" in Nashville, TN for 3 days. It simply means that there isn't a station nearby.

15 Posts

February 26th, 2010 15:00

Don't worry Bachjess you will be enjoying your new system well within your original ship date. I am suprised that the lady from fed Ex told you that it was your system that was holding everything up. They must ship hundreds of computers at once from Mexico to the US so who knows, the paperwork for your computer could have been done properly.

If this is your first alienware, you will definitely enjoy it when it arives....Have fun

58 Posts

March 8th, 2010 10:00

So whatever happened with this?  Did you get in the appropriate time?

18 Posts

March 8th, 2010 12:00

Hi Jay,

Sorry for the lack of updates. Yes my machine arrived just 2 days past Dell's scheduled date. It arrived on 3/4/10. Dell never could confirm if it was because of the lack of paperwork that held up the transfer to Fed Ex. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm sorry for everyone who is still awaiting their systems. 

A combination of me falling sick and exploring this new system complete with some problems (with the desktop) are responsible for me not updating this post in a timely manner. Playing WoW is incredible with this Alienware Aurora; however, as I mentioned there are some problems which I will probably post about under a different title.

Take care all and Cheers,

Bachjess

58 Posts

March 8th, 2010 12:00

Congratulations!  Did the FedEx information ever update for you?  Or did it just arrive at some point?

18 Posts

March 8th, 2010 13:00

Thanks Jay. Yes I did receive an update from Dell- a day after my machine was allegedly held up in customs

Bachjess

No Events found!