Highlighted
wayne734
1 Nickel

R3 13 Inch. Internal Battery Question

I am not a big fan of built-in battery.

Question: can I take out the internal built-in battery while playing at home? I don't want the battery to be constantly charged.

Thank you for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: R3 13 Inch. Internal Battery Question

Hi,

You can disconnect the battery if you want but anyway on this model, when the system gets to a 100% the Bios will stop the charge automatically.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
wayne734
1 Nickel

Thanks for your answer!

My aunt has a dell laptop. She never removed her removable battery. After a year or two, that battery is "dead." It can charge but not hold.

That's why I am not in favor of internal battery. You mentioned about 100%. What if overnight, the battery drops to 95%. Next day when I plug in the power cord, it will start charging again?

Long story short, I cannot remove the internal battery while running the system?

Thanks for your help again. I really appreciate that!

0 Kudos

Yes, you can remove the battery if you want.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos