Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2011 13:00

R3 user - Dell apologizes and cares.

Hi all,

You may recall from last week that I posted a long rant ("Having Aurora R3 problems and Tech support just snapped at me" Thread: http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19376125.aspx) where a tech support rep lost his temper with me over the phone.

I received a call just now from Dell and they have offered a formal apology and offered real solutions. I retract everything I said about how Dell doesn't care because I felt that they really took care of my problem and went an extra mile to compensate for all the problems that I have encountered with their service and products. For those of you who are nervous about ordering an R3, I would just like to encourage you that I have mentioned this problem to people higher up in Dell and they have sort of addressed the problem. I even told them about all the threads here about the R3 freezing problems, so I am confident that they will find a solution to this now that they have acknowledged it.

If you are experiencing a horror story scenario, I feel your frustration but Dell will get to you eventually and address your problem. I thought I would never be dealing with Dell again but after today's phone call, I feel a lot more confident about purchasing a Dell.

Thank you Dell.

9 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 16:00

I understand the warm and fuzzy feeling you are experiencing, but this will pass.  Most likely with your next call to Alienware tech support.

36 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 22:00

Nice to hear.  Thanks for posting.

22 Posts

May 4th, 2011 06:00

What is the solution they are offering to fix your (and mine) freezing issue?

May 4th, 2011 21:00

What is the solution they are offering to fix your (and mine) freezing issue?

Good Question!  My 'replacement' is currently in production but seems to be on indefinite delay...here's hoping this delay=resolution of freezing issues!

431 Posts

May 5th, 2011 06:00

Ive said this a hundred times but ill say it again. My aurora arrived from day one with issues too. They sent me a "new" replacement. It was refurbished upon closer inspection. I sent it back. It will come packaged EXACTLY the same. So just make sure you give it a good look over when it arrives. I hope that because the sandy bridge is so new it wont be refurbished or at least the processor/motherboard wont be. Good luck! I hope its new and does not freeze! :D

115 Posts

May 6th, 2011 13:00

w0okie, have you received any further reply from Dell as to if/when there are going to address/resolve this issue? My son is taking receipt of his R3 today and we will be testing it closely. The first sign of the freezing issue and it goes back.

It is quite disappointing to observe that Dell has still not commented on this problem via this board - so I'm wondering if they are dealing with the problem on an individual basis in order to not create a "panic situation"

Thanks,

Harvey

27 Posts

May 6th, 2011 20:00

Harvey,

I have pointed both Alienware tech support and Dell executive services team to this forum. They are aware of this problem and they have acknowledged the issue. This is one of the reasons why I was extremely frustrated because it was like talking to brick wall when I told alienware tech support that I am having the freezing issue. Now it seems like they are coming up with a solution to fix the problem. I would advise you to go to this thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19375646.aspx?PageIndex=4

Chris is actually communicating with the engineering team to look into the issue. Send him a private msg with your service tag, vid card, driver info and etc. This thread is really just an update on my other thread about how I had initially dealt with worst case scenario (DOA system, freezing after replacing mobo, tech support losing temper over the phone).

115 Posts

May 7th, 2011 08:00

w0okie,

Yeah, I saw Chris's post a few hours after mine. He also notified the XPS 8300 people who are having a similar problem. Hopefully there will be a resolution soon. In the meantime, my son took delivery of his R3 yesterday and we are testing it out now. I will start a new thread with the results, so far he has not expereienced any freezing (after about 18 hrs.)

Thanks,

Harvey

No Events found!