Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2015 11:00

R4 Late 2011 model 15months old

MY R4 Seems to have decided to die on me,

There is power but it will not get as far a as the Post screen, nothing shows on Monitor.

About 4 weeks a go i started to have crashes, and a lot of it pointed towards my Graphics card

started with artifacts on the screen and then driver crashes report by nvidia.

2 weeks ago it crashed, but would not get to post screen, No bios beeps etc

Things i have tried:

Replacing graphics card - Made no diffference

Removing cmos battery - Made no difference

removing Sata cables - Made no difference

Removing Ram - Finally BIOS makes 2 beeps......Expected as no ram

I suspect now that its the motherboard....but the fact i get the 2 beeps when i remove ram. makes me think it must be doing part of the post?

Any idea i would be great-full...pretty gutted as its  only 15 months old

Regards Mark

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 11th, 2015 09:00

Hello,

I assume you have the Alienware Aurora R4 desktop system, is that correct? What graphics card did you replace it with? You are correct in that it may be the motherboard, you would have to make sure that the replacement graphics card is a fully working card and that you are connecting it properly with the corresponding power cables. If you are sure of this, then most likely the motherboard has a hardware failure and would need to be replaced. 

8 Posts

May 11th, 2015 11:00

Sorry yes your right this is a Aurora R4.

And yes should have said the graphics card i tried was a Nvidia 970, and also tried a friends Nnvida 670

If it is The motherboard what are my options, its strange that i still get 2 beebs when removing the memory, so look like at least the bios is trying?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 12th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for confirming this. Since the motherboard is making the 2 beeps without the ram installed, you are correct in that the motherboard may not be the problem. Please try to test one ram module at a time to see if it posts, also test the modules in the different slots available. 

If it turns out to be a hardware problem with the memory or motherboard, we can place a dispatch in your account to have the parts repaired but the system has to be in warranty and we can only do this for customers in the US or Canada. You would just have to send me a PM with your service tag so we can place the dispatch. 

8 Posts

May 12th, 2015 15:00

Hi I have sent you a PM,

Back to this thread, i have tried the memory in different slot and its made no difference,

Can you please help any more?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 13th, 2015 11:00

Hello Sparky1642, 

I have not received a PM from you. Please send me a PM with your service tag to further assist you with this problem. 

Regards, 

8 Posts

May 13th, 2015 11:00

Very strange... i did send you one, i have just sent you another a well

No Events found!