cughe1
6 Indium

R4 problem

bought this system not too long..played game only 2 times and when i was playing game computer suddenly shut down completely and could not turn back on even i hit power on button....but after 2,3 days i can turn it back on and computer running for 3,4 minutes then shut down itself...couldn not contact with tachnical support due holiday i guessed...i need help to fix it please,thks for your  time.

tag: [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: R4 problem

Hi cughe,

I'm going to move your message to the Alienware forum for more help.

0 Kudos

cughe,

* Switch the monitor and PC off
* Unplug the power cord from the back of the PC
* Disconnect the monitor from the video card
* Remove the leftside panel
* Lay the computer down on its right side
* Disconnect and reconnect all plugs, cables, and memory sticks (The memory sticks should click when fully inserted)
* Remove and reseat the video card, sound card, NIC, etc. in the motherboard slots
* Close the leftside panel
* Stand the PC up
* Reconnect the monitor to the video card
* Reconnect the PC power cord
* Power on the monitor and then the PC. Any difference in the issue?

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
cughe1
6 Indium

1st thing thks to Osprey who moved my post here for more help...and thks Chris for help...i did exactly as advice and found 1 of the 2 power connector to video card was not plugged in completely,after that computer turned on and ran longer than usually...it's still running for testing....will update any problem when found,thks again.

0 Kudos
cughe1
6 Indium

hi Christ,seems computer got an intermittent problem,if i leave computer 2,3 days in a corner then it runs for few hours then shut down itself again and can not start it back ..when it shut down suddenly i touched radiator and power supply and felt like cold not even warm...might have mother board or cpu problem please help.tang.

0 Kudos
cughe1
6 Indium

psu is the cause.

0 Kudos