Highlighted
STRIKE321
1 Nickel

R9 M290X driver Alienware 17 Win 10 Question

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

I was looking at the updated drivers for Windows 10 (on Dell's support page) and came across the 

Video_Driver_83G9K_WN32_15.200.1045_A00.EXE which is a good 400 MB

then I checked AMD's site which has the new Catalyst 15.7.1 and the new display driver 15.20.1062.1002  which is 245MB 

My question is which one do I get ? ? I know AMD's is built for Win 10 and supports DX12 and WDDM 2.0 but does Dell's driver support DX12 etc? ???

which one do I get ??

Thanks for your help

appreciate it : ) 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

RE: R9 M290X driver Alienware 17 Win 10 Question

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Try the driver from the Dell site first. If you run into problems, uninstall it and install the one from the AMD site. Let us know how it goes. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
STRIKE321
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

No problem thanks, does the driver on your site support DX12 ?  (Video_Driver_83G9K_WN32_15.200.1045_A00 )

Thanks  : ) 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I believe it should support DX12, have you already installed the driver?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
STRIKE321
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Yep, 

I installed it and it works perfectly , it's version 15.200.1045 - DELL and released on to Dell's site on the 

28th of July 

(Alienware australia)

I can't find this version anywhere on AMD's site though they only have the 15.7.1 win 10 driver

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for confirming this. Let us know if you require further assistance. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
STRIKE321
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help!

So is this a custom driver? because it's no where on AMD's site 

0 Kudos