Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2015 12:00

Random freeze whilst playing games

So my Aurora that I've had since December 2013 started to freeze after about 20-30 minutes of gameplay. It started to happen yesterday,I was playing league of legends and the computer just froze and a continuous whining noise came out of my headphones.I read up and it looks like my GPU could be overheating but I don't know how to check or what to do about it.Is there anyway I could check for what it is as it is quite irritating.The games aren't extremely taxing.

Games it has froze on:

• Garrys mod
  • League of legends
  • Counter strike Global Offensive

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 28th, 2015 10:00

Try to reinstall the GPU driver first. Click here to view the drivers and downloads page. Just enter your service tag and look under the “video” category for the correct video card driver. Also, if the system requires a Bios update, it would be best to update it. This can sometimes fix errors with certain software. You can also find the latest Bios in the drivers and downloads page under the “Bios” category.

Please let us know if this works. 

May 9th, 2015 17:00

I downloaded the bios update and checked if I needed to install any drivers but it still crashes.I tried cleaning out the fans on my PC but that still didn't work. When playing Counter strike global offensive (A game I could run high setting before) makes the GPU heat up to 80-90 degrees and then the computer crashes somewhere around that mark. Also when I was looking inside my PC to clean it I couldn't spot a GPU fan?

May 16th, 2015 04:00

???

No Events found!