Realtek hd audio. new aurora i7 920

Realtek hd audio. new aurora i7 920

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 8th, 2010 06:00

Nothing came through but the title?

November 8th, 2010 12:00

I have a new Alienware i7 920, that has a problem with audio feedback from the front or rear Mic jack to the speakers. None of the adjustments in the Realtek HD control centre will resolve the problem. I re-installed the drivers from Dell, with the double boot method but no change. I opened the Device Manager and uninstalled the driversfor the Sound/ ATI adapter device, then the High Def Audio device and rebooted. Win7/64 re-installed the driver on reboot. The Device Manager now shows 2 instances of High Def Audio Device but no entry for the ATI adapter, now I can mute the MIC in the control centre with the Control Centre/recording devices/microphone/properties/listen/listen to this device option and it seems to at least work around the problem with the analog audio, but why does the ATI corrupt that feature Ican't be the only one with this issue.. My earlier post disppeared into the Ether and now I am not at my machine so i am taxing my memory.

I assume this is a software issue. I was unable to find any reference to this on the Internet or on this site

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 8th, 2010 13:00

I'm not sure what your original problem was, but it sounds like it got worse when you started messing around with the drivers. However, I think you were on the right track. But first, I would have checked the Control Panel settings ... it sounds like you might have simply had your Mic Input active for Playback (instead of Record). Then, I would have tried reinstalling the drivers.

It would help to know your exact hardware config.

RE: ATI High Definition Audio Device -

Obviously, you have an ATI video card. All this sound device is for is routing digital sound over the HDMI port. Even if you aren't using the HDMI port, the driver should still be installed. Since Dell and/or ATI-AMD doesn't provide a separate download for this device only ... update the driver by pointing the Wizard to :

C:\ATI\Support\10-7_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enu\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W764a
or
C:\Dell\Drivers\AMD_DESKTOP-BETA-DRIVER--AMD_P04_R277548\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W764a

... or just uninstall and reinstall the whole ATI CCC Suite from the Dell website.

RE: Realtek HD Audio Device -

Download the latest driver version from support.dell.com (for your SeviceTag) and install. That should correct any driver problems with that device.

RE: General

When you finish, in Control Panel / Device Manager / Sound-Video-Game-Controllers ... you should have 2 entries:
ATI High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio

Control Panel / Sound is where you do Advanced configs.

November 8th, 2010 23:00

it sounds like you might have simply had your Mic Input active for Playback (instead of Record)

In Control Panel there is SOUND and if you seek you will find "Realtek HD Audio Manager", go figure. My BAD !!!!!

Yes the option for MIC to Speaker was not muted, yes, it only changes it from here. problem resolved....

Thank you TESLA1856 for your response. Figured that's what it was but for the life of me I missed the Realtek Icon in Control Panel.

I forgot the KISS principle. ( keep it simple ). By the way, this forum does not work  for replying using IE9 Beta.

Issue Resolved.

No Events found!