SRS80
1 Nickel

Received Alienware 18 with incorrectly configured HDDS?

Jump to solution

I just received an Alienware 18 that I ordered with a 1.5TB RAID 0 (2x750GB 7200RPM) + 64GB mSATA drive setup and it is not setup that way.  There is no RAID 0 at all.  I have one 750GB drive using the mSATA for cache and the second as a plain old hard drive.  Is that an error on the website while configuring the computer or Dell configuring it wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SRS80
1 Nickel

Re: Received Alienware 18 with incorrectly configured HDDS?

Jump to solution

Well it looks like I had to configure the drives to be RAID 0 myself which has taken well overnight and is still migrating data.  Absolutely ridiculous after spending more than $4K on a laptop.  Thanks a lot Dell.  

3 Replies
SRS80
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Well it looks like I had to configure the drives to be RAID 0 myself which has taken well overnight and is still migrating data.  Absolutely ridiculous after spending more than $4K on a laptop.  Thanks a lot Dell.  

8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I think I ordered the same computer as you, same hard drive lay out.  I have a different problem.  Random lock ups....complete lockups, no BSOD.......the system just freezes.  I'm curious if you have experienced anything like this.

0 Kudos
SRS80
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

No, I'm not getting any freeze ups.  The system is working fine, the disks just weren't configured as described when ordered.

0 Kudos