Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2009 12:00

Received your system?

Due to the amount of delays AW is having, I thought it would be a good idea to kind of track the build progress of these systems, or at least have a guess.

Please post your order date, system type (just the model), and your shipping date.

Thank you!

16 Posts

February 11th, 2010 06:00

Count yourself lucky, I ordered on the 4th and I am still in the "Build" stage 7th circle of hell. Also I think their boxing process also includes the trip from Malaysia to the USA before it ships to you if I am not mistaken. I ordered a desktop but starting to wish I didnt.

Hello all

On 2/6/2010 i ordered a M15X with the i7quad and all that good stuff.. its giving me a EDD of 2/24 and at the moment the status is "in production"

i then called 800-254-3692 and spoke to the "automated status check thingy" and it said its in the "boxing" stage and would ship 2/18. Sooo what im not understanding is that it takes 8 days to put a laptop in a box?

also, im wondering if the people that are buying the notebooks are having the same delays as the people who ordered a desktop? because from what iv seen its all desktops delays

thanks in advance

Mike

16 Posts

February 11th, 2010 10:00

They need some bad press or something to light a fire under them. I have a feeling more than more than us are affected. I did not even get the highest video card. I selected dual ATI 5770s which appears different than the rest here. I would think parts would not be the issue from the broad range of builds I see in this thread.

28 Posts

I was told that there was a limited availability on video card and processors.

317-1885

Intel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor

320-0862

Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260

That might explain mine but not everybody elses. 

30 Posts

Has anyone ever bought from ibuypower.  right now they got a val day special.  pretty much the same thing as the aurora but with faster memory.  they quote 11 days to build and ship.  http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Configurators.aspx?mid=553 

190 Posts

I don't see how Dell can have a video card shortage. dell makes there own,last I heard . I have also heard that another slow down is the result of systems being made i Mexico.

217 Posts

I have a feeling the combination of demand and customization capabilities related to Desktops is what's causing some of these delays. I wonder if it's a parts or construction bandwidth bottleneck that's really holding these machines back.

It's still completely reprehensible for them to be quoting 2 week build times when so many varieties of configurations aren't shipping from Area 51's to Aurora ALX's.. some with  5870 cards, some with nVidia 295, etc.

190 Posts

February 11th, 2010 11:00

> lobb152>>>One of my relitives bought a computer from them last year. All the parts were set inside the csae and not installed. It was all most imposible to get the problem fixed.

Hopefully that don't happen again..

217 Posts

February 11th, 2010 11:00

They need some bad press or something to light a fire under them. I have a feeling more than more than us are affected. I did not even get the highest video card. I selected dual ATI 5770s which appears different than the rest here. I would think parts would not be the issue from the broad range of builds I see in this thread.

I agree that I doubt it's a part shortage completely... I think it's a bandwidth/mismanagement issue as well. The delays are WAY too widespread and touch too many systems to be simply a part issue.They're also not calling those part shortages out on the site which is bizzarre... as they love to call that kind of thing out when there are problems.

Evil.

24 Posts

February 11th, 2010 13:00

Just went through the Aurora system builder on Dell.com. The following video cards are now listed as "May delay your ship date" in single and dual configurations:

NVida

• GTS 240
  • GTX 295

ATI

• HD 5770

Addtionally, the preliminary ship date is now 3/15. That's 5 weeks. I ordered on the 2/4 with a preliminary ship date of 2/24.

So maybe this is a clue as to which specific parts are behind the delays, as well as Dell acknowledging the delays we're seeing by pushing out the preliminary ship dates.

28 Posts

February 11th, 2010 14:00

When I built my system 1/13 there was nothing in my build stating something in my build would delay my shipping.  My original ship date was 2/8, I actually looked up information about Alienware and people were saying there was delays November/December but that they pretty much caught up beginning of January.  They should know this is tax return time and should of stocked up parts before this :p

11 Posts

February 11th, 2010 15:00

I had originally ordered my system with a 240 Nvidia card. I cancelled and ordered a 260 but I just got delayed one week.

EDD was 2-11-10 and the new EDD is 2-17-10

Good Detective work rusmo!

217 Posts

February 11th, 2010 15:00

Addtionally, the preliminary ship date is now 3/15. That's 5 weeks. I ordered on the 2/4 with a preliminary ship date of 2/24.

So maybe this is a clue as to which specific parts are behind the delays, as well as Dell acknowledging the delays we're seeing by pushing out the preliminary ship dates.

I saw this too but then figured out that the reason it's delayed by that many days is because the Radeon 5770 is the default card for an Aurora or Area 51 desktop. If you change it to a Radeon 5870 or 5970, the build time drops back down to two weeks. The video card I ordered was a Radeon 5870.

So.... seems like Dell is acknowledging some part delays... I'm just concerned that mine will eventually make that list. Not that it matters since whatever is holding up my delivery is beyond my control.

February 11th, 2010 23:00

I ordered a Area 51on the 2/5 the EDD it's on the 24th I hope mine won't be delayed, I also ordered it with a 5970 and the 920...

6 Posts

February 12th, 2010 02:00

Bought my Area 51 during the Signature Sale

ordered 1/20/2010 - shipped 1/28/2010 - delivered 2/2/2010

Was 18 days early!

217 Posts

February 12th, 2010 06:00

Well I am giving them 1 more week to have the PC at my door, as im sorry its not my fault they cant keep up with demand and making people wait a month or more to build a PC. Parts shortage or not, its bad business.  I am already spreading the word for my friends who were also in the market for a new gaming rig to steer clear of Dell. This company is pathetic. Im sure the 20k or more money they lose out on with myself and friends going elsewhere wont even make them blink anyhow.

You're right about the 20k not making them blink... but you're probably not alone in your feelings or actions... so while 20k by itself is not much, 50 people who feel the same way as you makes a much more noticeable impact.

Evil.

No Events found!