8 Krypton

Re: Received your system?

I was told that there was a limited availability on video card and processors.

317-1885

Intel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor

320-0862

Single 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260

That might explain mine but not everybody elses. 

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

They need some bad press or something to light a fire under them. I have a feeling more than more than us are affected. I did not even get the highest video card. I selected dual ATI 5770s which appears different than the rest here. I would think parts would not be the issue from the broad range of builds I see in this thread.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

> lobb152>>>One of my relitives bought a computer from them last year. All the parts were set inside the csae and not installed. It was all most imposible to get the problem fixed.

Hopefully that don't happen again..

Alienware Aurora,black,17-975 OC 4.0,6gb corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz memory,saphire HD 5850 1gb DDR3 GPU,640gb HD,custom liquid cooling,875 watt psu,DVD/CD RW,BLUray,19&1 reader,window 7 64,AO9 bios

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

They need some bad press or something to light a fire under them. I have a feeling more than more than us are affected. I did not even get the highest video card. I selected dual ATI 5770s which appears different than the rest here. I would think parts would not be the issue from the broad range of builds I see in this thread.

I agree that I doubt it's a part shortage completely... I think it's a bandwidth/mismanagement issue as well. The delays are WAY too widespread and touch too many systems to be simply a part issue.They're also not calling those part shortages out on the site which is bizzarre... as they love to call that kind of thing out when there are problems.

Evil.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Just went through the Aurora system builder on Dell.com. The following video cards are now listed as "May delay your ship date" in single and dual configurations:

NVida

• GTS 240
  • GTX 295

ATI

• HD 5770

Addtionally, the preliminary ship date is now 3/15. That's 5 weeks. I ordered on the 2/4 with a preliminary ship date of 2/24.

So maybe this is a clue as to which specific parts are behind the delays, as well as Dell acknowledging the delays we're seeing by pushing out the preliminary ship dates.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

When I built my system 1/13 there was nothing in my build stating something in my build would delay my shipping.  My original ship date was 2/8, I actually looked up information about Alienware and people were saying there was delays November/December but that they pretty much caught up beginning of January.  They should know this is tax return time and should of stocked up parts before this 😛

0 Kudos
BIZTAKE
6 Indium

I had originally ordered my system with a 240 Nvidia card. I cancelled and ordered a 260 but I just got delayed one week.

EDD was 2-11-10 and the new EDD is 2-17-10

Good Detective work rusmo!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Addtionally, the preliminary ship date is now 3/15. That's 5 weeks. I ordered on the 2/4 with a preliminary ship date of 2/24.

So maybe this is a clue as to which specific parts are behind the delays, as well as Dell acknowledging the delays we're seeing by pushing out the preliminary ship dates.

I saw this too but then figured out that the reason it's delayed by that many days is because the Radeon 5770 is the default card for an Aurora or Area 51 desktop. If you change it to a Radeon 5870 or 5970, the build time drops back down to two weeks. The video card I ordered was a Radeon 5870.

So.... seems like Dell is acknowledging some part delays... I'm just concerned that mine will eventually make that list. Not that it matters since whatever is holding up my delivery is beyond my control.

0 Kudos
GreenDogHead
6 Indium

I ordered a Area 51on the 2/5 the EDD it's on the 24th I hope mine won't be delayed, I also ordered it with a 5970 and the 920...

0 Kudos
DLJunkie1
6 Indium

Bought my Area 51 during the Signature Sale

ordered 1/20/2010 - shipped 1/28/2010 - delivered 2/2/2010

Was 18 days early!

0 Kudos