Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2010 21:00

Recent m17x orders - How long did yours take

Just curious if these are really taking 5 weeks to build.  I placed an order for mine on 3/24, and it says it has been in Production since the 26th but my estimated delivery date is the 27th of this month.

just curious if anyone has ordered one in the same timeframe and if theirs is taking this long as well.

39 Posts

April 9th, 2010 05:00

My order for a customised M15X went in on the 19th of March and was delivered on the 2nd of April, (about 2 weeks).

Note - it was in the boxing stage for 3 days and only took 1 day to be delivered as I live close to the Nashville Airport where it was flown into from China.

8 Posts

April 9th, 2010 07:00

Thanks.  I can hope for a speedy delivery as well then since I'm also near BNA.  :)

April 12th, 2010 07:00

I had my order placed 3/17/2010 and its still in production and no one seems to know where or when this order will be shipped

8 Posts

April 12th, 2010 14:00

I just called the automated order status again and all it is saying is that it is in the "build status" as it has been for about 2 weeks now.  No telling if it has even been started yet.  Keep trying to find an old contact @ dell to look in their manufacturing system to see if it is even being built or if it is still in queue.

I hate waiting for new toys.  :(

April 12th, 2010 18:00

I have had one three times now... we are just waiting on a WORKING version :(

8 Posts

April 13th, 2010 08:00

That doesn't sound good at all.  They arriving DOA or what?  I am seriously debating the wisdom of my purchasing an Alienware product at this time.

15 Posts

April 14th, 2010 19:00

I ordered an m11x on the seventh. I just got the e-mail that it's shipping, and that it should be here tomorrow (next day shipping). Afterwards, we'll see if it works!

April 16th, 2010 10:00

That doesn't sound good at all.  They arriving DOA or what?  I am seriously debating the wisdom of my purchasing an Alienware product at this time.

First laptop showed wrong the following ways:

1) Wrong Raid setup

2) Wouldnt charge

3) Locked up ANYTIME the power cord was unplugged or plugged in

Several attempts at new chargers and battery etc to fix those issues and NO go

Demanded a NEW laptop and got it. That one showed wrong these ways:

Blue screens of death

Would NOT charge

Locked up non stop requiring hard restart

They sent a repair guy to replace the MOTHERBOARD and BOTH video cards and it would not even TURN on

Demanded and GOT a replacement laptop finally yesterday. That one is currently doing the follwoing issues:

1) Locking up at random times and randomly rebooting

2) During games the screen is all wacky. There is a dead area in the LED screen also

3) have not tested the locking up yet as I am still trying to resolve other issues

4) Seems SLOWER than compared to the first two attempts

I would like to mention do NOT allow the repair guys to come and try and fix it. They scratched the out of it and damaged the screen badly. I unfortunately have to say I will NEVER buy one again as this is my third alienware purchase and when it was Alienware and NOT DELL it was SOOO much better. Both purchases thru Dell/Alienware have been JUNK and I guess its my fault for believing it was RANDOM bad parts and Customer service would approve. NEITHER of which happened.

ON a side note they upgraded the RAM free of charge and upgraded the screen to LED (which is GARBAGE compared to my original LCD) and the ram is supposedly the 1333mhz instead of the 1066 however tests have proven OTHERWISE.

Run the other way ...,don't walk to Avoid buying these substandard 3000.00 machines :(

My specs btw:

620m I7 processor

8gigs 1333mhz ram

2- 1gb ATI 4870

Dual 320gb Raid 0 setup

17" 1900x1200 LED screen

Wireless card upgrade

What did that get me for performance.... good question it CRASHES and reboots once its "warm" I have used laptop coolers etc and it still doesnt help one bit.

8 Posts

April 19th, 2010 11:00

Well, after being transferred to the wrong department 3 times and lied to about my build status, i just cancelled my order.  What a.  Guess I'm going to a MacBook Pro.  At least I will have someone in the US to talk to if/when I have issues with it.

Seems like for people dropping that amount of $$ on a system, you'd get much better service, guess that is not the case.

So long Dell.....

6 Posts

November 21st, 2012 10:00

trust me, i don't want to argue but you are getting a terrible product with a macbook pro, both my sister and gf have them and both have issues non stop. my sister had to have her's replaced 3 times within the first month and it's still having issues. and my gf's screen keeps going black and white and they have done everything but replace it. and they wont replace it she has to send it away for 6 weeks. Alienware is one of the best if not the best computer on the market and well worth the wait (yes i know it takes a long time. mines been in production for 10 days now)

July 5th, 2013 23:00

IT WAS AMAZING

July 5th, 2013 23:00

yea dude it only took me like 3 days after my order before it arived! verry fast and my shipping was free, so you might want to call alienware and see if there was a probalme or if it went to ur neighbor? maybe ur mom took it and is hiding it until ur birthday or special occasion.... #THINK_OUTSIDE_THE_BOX!

No Events found!