Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

January 30th, 2016 07:00

Redbar at alineware spash screen during boot.

Anyone having the issue of a red bar at the bottom of the Alienware Head Splash Screen right before windows 10 boots up?

It goes away after it boots but this never happened until recently. Nothing has changed, that I am aware of. I did do a bios update but this did not happen directly after this and I was running the bios for a month or so prior to this.

12 Posts

January 30th, 2016 16:00

Thanks for the reply. Just odd this just started. Even after a complete, correct shutdown.

276 Posts

January 30th, 2016 16:00

Anyone having the issue of a red bar at the bottom of the Alienware Head Splash Screen right before windows 10 boots up?

It goes away after it boots but this never happened until recently. Nothing has changed, that I am aware of. I did do a bios update but this did not happen directly after this and I was running the bios for a month or so prior to this.

Yeah, I have that, too - more like a row of vertical stripes with a reddish overall colour.

I updated the bios (2x, IIRC) and these appeared after a system freeze, didn't correlate to any bios update.

I don't know what it is, or what the implications are, but with the current state of the machine, this is the least of my worries.

No Events found!