Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2012 12:00

Reinsert HDMI cable

Hi all,

I have to say I am very disappointed about the support from Dell Technician. The last time when the technician fixed my laptop, he forgot to plug/reinsert (not sure if it is broken or not) the HDMI cable (In and Out) or something inside my laptop after replaced the VGA card. The last time was the second time and they still cannot fixed it properly. I feel my 1500 pounds laptop after being treated by Dell service is worth about 200 pounds.

For now, if anyone knows how to make my HDMI connection working again, please tell me to do so. I would rather fix it myself this time than having someone from Dell to repair it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 31st, 2012 08:00

You must press the function keys on th Alienware laptop, FN F6.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 29th, 2012 07:00

mydog2409,

Sorry your having problems with the Dell Support. Did you look in the Service Manual for your specific model?

23 Posts

October 29th, 2012 12:00

My model is M17x R4, I'm working with one support rep to solve this problem. For now, after installed the latest BIOS, HDMI-in is working fine, but not the HDMI-out port.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 30th, 2012 05:00

So you connected the HDMI cable from the laptop into the TV/monitor HDMI in jack. You then pressed FN F6. What happens?

23 Posts

October 30th, 2012 17:00

For other laptops, when I connect the HDMI cable, my TV recognise them immediately. Then I can use the command "connect to a project" with ease. But for my Alienware laptop, it doesn't work smoothly like that, or in another word, not working.

23 Posts

October 31st, 2012 16:00

I have restore my system so it worked again. Thanks for your help anyway :).

207 Posts

May 30th, 2013 09:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                  

No Events found!