Damnlag
1 Copper

Re: Repetitive System Freezes

I'm also experiencing constant crashes on my x51. Sometimes I don't even have anything running on the computer and it just crashes.

If there's a setting that I can adjust to see if it fixes, could you please tell me how to do it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Damnlag
1 Copper

Fixed it by updating the video card.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
keith b79
2 Bronze

I have this problem on my M14x and I have tried reinstall, new drivers, BIOS, everything! Motherboard has been replaced twice and I have only had the system 3 months! Now, I really like it when it works, but just need help because the technical support is not helping me!

0 Kudos

Just got the new GPU installed.  So far so good.  Several restarts/updates.  Still uncertain when/why/how the video card became corrupted, but that appears to be what was causing all the system hanging.

@keith b79

Since you are still in warranty, ATTEMPT to have Dell send you a new GPU.  God knows they are not all too interested in providing decent customer service, but hopefully you get lucky and get somebody who actually gives a damn.

As for me, I thank you all for you replies and suggestions, that was over two weeks of serious aggravation, and I am glad it is over with.  The experience has however soured me toward Dell, and I will be looking elsewhere first the next time I am looking for anything they sell.  

Good luck to you all, and I hope you never be subjected to the same situation.

0 Kudos

Oh, one final note.  It is not Dell's policy to send anything for exchange outside of the Warranty, the only reason they did it for me was because I supplied them with that link to Chris M stating that they should do that.  They were sure to let me know that this was not the case, and that they would not do it again.  See above for link to that post.

0 Kudos