N_Zezima
1 Nickel

Replacement OEM License

Well, I tried using the laptop section of the forums, but still haven't received any helpful advice. Hopefully someone here can help.

I bought an Alienware M15x and went to reinstall Windows 7. I got an ISO from the official Microsoft website. I reinstalled Windows 7 and went through everything necessary to set it up. However, I didn't realize the OEM license on my laptop had rubbed off. So now I'm stuck with a 30 day trial of Windows until I can get a new license.

Who can I contact to get a replacement OEM key? I'd really like to be able to use my laptop without being hassled for unactivated Windows.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Replacement OEM License

I can't answer your question (maybe someone from Dell can) ...

... but there is an alternative solution (and frankly, more likely to succeed).

If you are in the USA (and maybe other countries), you can request a real Dell/AW OEM Win7-64 DVD ROM from Dell. It will install and Activate (online) without entering any CoA keys. It works because of your motherboard. Only requirement is that machine originally shipped new with Win7-64.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
N_Zezima
1 Nickel

Where would I be able to do so? I wouldn't mind having to reinstall again.

0 Kudos

Hi N_Zezima,

Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message. I will check the system details and get back to you.

To send the system service tag through a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

Thanks and Regards
Harish M
#iworkfordell

To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
0 Kudos