Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2012 09:00

Replacing Alienware SSD

Hi,

I have an Alienware laptop with a 64gb SSD, I'm trying to updgrade to Windows 8 but there just isn't enough hard-drive space to perform an upgrade. How do I go about getting a bigger SSD installed, can Dell do that for me ? Or do I have to get a third party to install it ? And if Dell can replace it, what's the likely cost ?

Thanks

2K Posts

November 8th, 2012 08:00

Hi Gavin.Williams,

The Upgrade option is certainly available for Alienware laptop, I request you to private message me your system service tag so that I can give you more information about this.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

November 8th, 2012 09:00

These are the requirements for Windows 8:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

Make sure you delete all existing partitions and create a new one before installing Windows 8.

Added to what kiran said, upgrading the SSD through dell will cover the SSD under the computer's warranty.

No Events found!