MightyDomo
1 Nickel

Replacing Keyboard Key

Jump to solution

I have been having issues with sticky keys, usually the d, r and k keys. I had been using an air duster to shoot air under them (with little to no success) and then had attempted to slightly lift the keys on an edge which had helped to get them to work properly again... now one key has popped off (d key)... yes my fault and it looks like laying the key back in is going to be difficult as one of the plastic pieces have snapped on one side and are flexing too much.

Is there a way to replace the key or do I need to replace the whole keyboard? And can I replace it myself or is this best left to a technician?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Replacing Keyboard Key

Jump to solution

We usually prefer sending our technicians to replace the entire keyboard.
I'm afraid just single keys aren't parts we can ship out to you.

If you want you can go ahead and send me your Service Tag and a link to this thread via PM that way I can help you out as best as I can.

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Replacing Keyboard Key

Jump to solution

We usually prefer sending our technicians to replace the entire keyboard.
I'm afraid just single keys aren't parts we can ship out to you.

If you want you can go ahead and send me your Service Tag and a link to this thread via PM that way I can help you out as best as I can.

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos