Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2015 08:00

Replacing stock cooling system on an Aurora R4 with a Corsair H75

I've searched around the web for some time now and gotten an H75 given it seems to be simpler than the H80i to install which, for a novice like me is a good thing. I'm not a total newbie however, managed to dissassemble the stock pump and clean it out, bought me another year. Aslo took pretty much everything out/off the case to clean the dust and hair(I've got some really long hair) from the harder to reach places and got everything back together again but that was done from memory. Now, I'm unsure just which pins to connect where, if I should be using the motherboard or the connectors overhead, in the top of the case? I've got a a few options but knowing my luck I'll wind up with my eyebrows singed again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got the pump screwed on, the fans and radiator in place, it's just the wires I need help with. Sorry for the rambling, don't know when to stop typing.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 6th, 2015 11:00

I think you can just follow their directions and hook-up like a generic computer.

However, if you want it to work with Alienware Command Center, I suggest you see if Cass-Ole has any more Adapters.

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19609280

8 Posts

March 6th, 2015 11:00

I went for it, the fans are both connected via the y adaptor to the sys fan pins, the pump is connected to the cpu fan. Nothings exploded, both the fans and the pump are running. No error messages anywhere and a new 'fan' has appeared on the alienware command center, the cpu pump has gone. Going to keep an eye on the temperatures as I start off easy, talking to some friends online before I start with more intensive gaming.

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

March 6th, 2015 16:00

It comes as no s'prise my friend Tesla was there to help me promote these a few months ago, the only member who signed up here in fact. I can make these for h55-60-75 w/a simple 3-wire fan connector & Aurora 7pin end on it (bottom photo). You 'lost' your pump status since you didn't / couldn't plug back into the 7pin (top light strip). The same happens for Area-51 Desktops when you don't / can't plug back into the top left powerboard

Area-51 powerboard (with 5pin) & Aurora top light strip (with 7pin)

above are H80i SATA types

above, H75 adapter, a simple 5pin -to- 3pin fan scheme (Aurora uses 7pin)

whether it's an Area-51 with 5pin or Aurora with 7pin, the premise and wiring is identical

8 Posts

March 6th, 2015 20:00

Yea, thanks I figured that's why the pump vanished.  It seems to be running fine.  Don't think she's been this quiet since I first got her out the box. I'm in the UK sadly but as it's now been over ten hours of gaming and nothing's exploded,  nothing's melted and my eyebrows are still unsinged.  Any who,  I'll still probably be twitching at every irregular noise in the room over the weekend but it' s off to a good start.  Thanks or the replies! Nice to know I'm not as daft as I feared.

P.S. sorry for all these edits.  Even when using a bluetooth keyboard, it's smaller than what I'm used to and the spell checker on my tablet isn't the same as I'm used to. Still got some things to tweak it'd seem.  anyway, I'm  rambling on again, thanks to the pair of you!

August 21st, 2017 10:00

Do you still take requests for these Cass-Ole ? :-)

thanks,

MP

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

August 21st, 2017 10:00

yes, I can make a Mind-Meld cooling adapter for your Alien. I realize you're in an H75 thread, but let me know which exact cooler you're looking at. If you can send me a private message here, we can discuss getting one mailed out to you

No Events found!