Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2012 01:00

Replacing wireless card with bluetooth card x51?

Ive had my x51 since September and new to pc gaming. I dont use the wireless card and so would like to replace it with a bluetooth card (i had bluetooth on my laptop and miss using it for my phone).

I know you can remove the card as ive seen Dells tear down video on youtube. It looks very small but dont know what connection it uses. If someone could confirm and if you have any recommendations as to a bluetooth card that would fit it would be appreciated.  

565 Posts

November 1st, 2012 04:00

Hi Phragzy,
Would like to know which wireless card present in the computer?
The computer works on Mini PCIe (half) wireless card. You can remove that card and install Mini PCIe (half) Wireless + Bluetooth card in the computer.
Generally, Mini PCIe would be wireless + Bluetooth card. Here is the image for the card: 
5428.Wifi card.jpg 
There are many cards that should work on the computer, here are few of them:
1.     Centrino Advanced N 6230 WiFi Half Mini PCI e Adapter.
2.     Centrino Advanced N 1030 WiFi Half Mini PCI e Adapter.
3.     New Atheros AR5B195 Wireless + Bluetooth Half Mini card.

For any clarifications please feel free to contact me.

June 8th, 2013 02:00

i have a similar situation

i changed the default wifi card to intel centrino advanced N 6235.

The problem that i am facing is that my x51 is able to detect the wifi module but not the bluetooth module. Its not even shown in Device manager. I tried downloading the latest drivers from Intel.

Feeling weird, i tried the card on my m17x r4 and both wifi and bluetooth module are detected. Work flawlessly, hence eliminating the possibility of a faulty card.

Please help.

June 13th, 2013 16:00

Hi Phragzy,

This was answered on this thread. The X51 contains antennas for the WiFi and not the Bluetooth.

A good option could be a Bluetooth USB dongle.

162 Posts

June 13th, 2013 17:00

Hello I think I have a similar question I have the Alienware Aurora R4

will that work on mine?

No Events found!