Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2012 13:00

Right side case vibration with video (New Video with the very loud noise)

This is the side of t he case that has no back side screw it's very annoying and i need to know how to fix it i have a tech coming out to fix a fan that is making noise i hope soon maybe he can fix it but it's not on the order if there is a fix myself i can do it but i'm not sure how the side comes off over there. 

scroll down to new video at bottom of this post thank you. 

353 Posts

October 26th, 2012 16:00

is very annoying really bugs me  

10 Posts

October 26th, 2012 16:00

I have the same thing with the original X51s. I placed a small coin on the bottom of that side under the rubber grip, it has dampened the vibrations though still lightly there.

X51 build quality is shocking. Took us 6 months to get replacement fans, wifi signal issues, drive issues and apparently the new GTX660 cards have issues too.

353 Posts

October 26th, 2012 22:00

hope some one know how to fix it.

2.4K Posts

October 28th, 2012 16:00

I can't hear it in your vid with you talking over it but I'm sure it's there.

Get some 3M two sided tape. Get the thick stuff. Stick it between the door and the case. I know this is not ideal but it's something you can fix I'm sure with a little creativity and patience.

Look at the bright side. It makes it a little bit more YOUR system

353 Posts

October 28th, 2012 16:00

"bump"

353 Posts

October 28th, 2012 17:00

new video for those that said there was not a noise here well here it is very annoying very loud and quite frankly fro what i payed for this machine i'm surprised of this. so i want a fix not some two sided tape not some homemade slash job a real fix.  ignore the banging in t he back ground my kid is making something for school. this is the buzzing i get all the time and it is very loud very bad to the point i can't keep my pc on all the time like i use to do and do the task and programs i have set to run at those time because of this. 

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubr1RPtxnFQ&feature=youtu.be]

2.4K Posts

October 28th, 2012 18:00

i have a tech coming out soon to replace a fan i wonder if he could fix it?  it's not on my order though do you think he would still do it.

Depends. I have found most of the on-site techs to be really cool but now and then you get one that want to do nothing but whats on the repair order and leave. Best you can do is ask. He also has the power to call it in and setup another on-site repiar for it so you do not need to call Dell and jump through the hoops.

Again, I understand your frustration but you seem to have a handle on it. Just remember we have all been there, even myself a few times. You just gotta see it through.

353 Posts

i have a tech coming out soon to replace a fan i wonder if he could fix it?  it's not on my order though do you think he would still do it.

2.4K Posts

Door vibrating. Can't really fault Dell or anyone for something like that. I'm sure it just happens from time to time. What if you took the door off and bent it a little with your hands? It's just right that it's resonating with the vibration.

If none of that is good enough then I would suggest calling Dell. My guess is the door or the case needs to be replaced.

353 Posts

i dont see a screw to take this panel off it is plastic to cant bend it. this is the right side of the case the one without screw to remove it. Dell put this side on from the factory and i can't see like i said a whey to remove it at all.

2.4K Posts

i dont see a screw to take this panel off it is plastic to cant bend it. this is the right side of the case the one without screw to remove it. Dell put this side on from the factory and i can't see like i said a whey to remove it at all.

I don't have that exact system so I can not comment on the door. I do understand how it could drive you nuts. I'v been there done that. if you can't figure out a way that can stop it then just call Dell. They will be more then happy to fix it for you.

353 Posts

October 28th, 2012 20:00

i will see what he says i suppose i could always lay it down but then that kind of defeats the purpose of having lights on its sides.

353 Posts

October 29th, 2012 08:00

seams i still have a parts delay amazes me this fan has been delayed pretty much all month so seams i still have to put up with this noise. i wonder if it would leave if i laid it down on side.

353 Posts

October 29th, 2012 23:00

anyone else have any ideas on how to fix it short of laying it down?.

353 Posts

October 30th, 2012 22:00

fixed now all good tech fixed it as he had to take the hole pc apart today except for the main board to replace all my fans Dell made him replace all them as he was suppose to do it last time and did not now they made him dew all of them. took 1 hour for him to do it all. now i have a whisper quit PC .

No Events found!