8 Krypton

Right side case vibration with video (New Video with the very loud noise)

This is the side of t he case that has no back side screw it's very annoying and i need to know how to fix it i have a tech coming out to fix a fan that is making noise i hope soon maybe he can fix it but it's not on the order if there is a fix myself i can do it but i'm not sure how the side comes off over there. 

scroll down to new video at bottom of this post thank you. 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Right side case vibration with video

I have the same thing with the original X51s. I placed a small coin on the bottom of that side under the rubber grip, it has dampened the vibrations though still lightly there.

X51 build quality is shocking. Took us 6 months to get replacement fans, wifi signal issues, drive issues and apparently the new GTX660 cards have issues too.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

is very annoying really bugs me  

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

hope some one know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

"bump"

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I can't hear it in your vid with you talking over it but I'm sure it's there.

Get some 3M two sided tape. Get the thick stuff. Stick it between the door and the case. I know this is not ideal but it's something you can fix I'm sure with a little creativity and patience.

Look at the bright side. It makes it a little bit more YOUR system

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

new video for those that said there was not a noise here well here it is very annoying very loud and quite frankly fro what i payed for this machine i'm surprised of this. so i want a fix not some two sided tape not some homemade slash job a real fix.  ignore the banging in t he back ground my kid is making something for school. this is the buzzing i get all the time and it is very loud very bad to the point i can't keep my pc on all the time like i use to do and do the task and programs i have set to run at those time because of this. 

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubr1RPtxnFQ&feature=youtu.be]

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Door vibrating. Can't really fault Dell or anyone for something like that. I'm sure it just happens from time to time. What if you took the door off and bent it a little with your hands? It's just right that it's resonating with the vibration.

If none of that is good enough then I would suggest calling Dell. My guess is the door or the case needs to be replaced.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

i dont see a screw to take this panel off it is plastic to cant bend it. this is the right side of the case the one without screw to remove it. Dell put this side on from the factory and i can't see like i said a whey to remove it at all.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

i dont see a screw to take this panel off it is plastic to cant bend it. this is the right side of the case the one without screw to remove it. Dell put this side on from the factory and i can't see like i said a whey to remove it at all.

I don't have that exact system so I can not comment on the door. I do understand how it could drive you nuts. I'v been there done that. if you can't figure out a way that can stop it then just call Dell. They will be more then happy to fix it for you.

0 Kudos