Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2016 19:00

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 950 Pro NVM Driver thinks card is not connected... PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi I installed the M.2 SSD into my new R3 17" laptop and cloned windows to the SSD.. It is regionized in the bios M.2 Slot and also Windows reads the card.. I can boot with it aswell everythink works fine!! EXCEPT! that the Samsung driver is not working, also the magician software is not finding the card... the problem is that the normal intel storage driver is slower then the Samsung one and I get 1000mb/s read and only 128mb write... I saw some tutorials how to set the card up and they all say the problem is because the driver is not installed.. BUT I CANT INSTALL IT..

I hope that anyone can help me with this!

Windows is installed in UEFI mode.. SATA mode is RAID 

Cheers,!

4 Posts

March 30th, 2016 17:00

Okay I figured out to increase the speed to its maximum the Card now reads with 2512mb/s and writes with 1580mb/s even without the Samsung driver..

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 30th, 2016 17:00

Nice.

Where do you make that setting?

4 Posts

March 30th, 2016 18:00

I installed the samsung driver through windows install... and also updated the newest intel rapid storage driver.. formated the harddrive and made some bios changes

June 2nd, 2016 16:00

can you please be more specific as to what you did? I am having same issues and I am like a computer illiterate.

4 Posts

June 2nd, 2016 17:00

Install the latest bios driver and then install this driver  via the load driver option at the windows install bootup.. format the SSD and install a fresh windows version or clone windows to it.. make sure the RAID settings in the Bios are right (not AHCI) and the Disk is selected as primary & boot disk.. Then download a disk speed test tool like CrystalDiskMark and see if you get the right speed.

June 2nd, 2016 18:00

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am always lost when you say "I installed the samsung driver through windows install" or "load driver option at the windows install bootup".

What is windows install? where can i access it?

No Events found!