Metokur
1 Nickel

SATA drive removed. Hard Drive missing

I have an Alienware 15. Since May of this year, my HDD (with 1 terabyte) kept disappearing and reappearing every restart. When it disappears, it's not shown on disk management (only my local disk C: is showing). When I check in the BIOS it clearly says that it's there and exists. Today, my HDD never reappears on the OS even when I restart, but it's still in the BIOS. I'm pretty sure this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. I have looked all over the internet and found people with the same problem, but no one has seem to have a solution. I'm considering sending this computer back to Dell, but I want to make sure if there are any solutions before I do so. Please help, Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

RE: SATA drive removed. Hard Drive missing

Hi,

Send me a private message with the service tag, so I can assist you further.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Metokur
1 Nickel

I have also reset my computer. Still nothing.

0 Kudos

Enter the Bios (F2) and disable secure boot. You can also reset the HDD (since this could be the HDD cable). If the issue persists let me know!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Metokur
1 Nickel

Hello,

I tried that, but my HDD is still not showing up.

0 Kudos

Send me a private message with the service tag.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos