Highlighted
tommyrog
1 Nickel

[SOLVED] ALIENWARE CANT CONNECT TO EXTERNAL SAMSUNG MONITOR USING HDMI-OUT (NO SIGNAL)

Jump to solution

What was the reason I've purchased premium telephone support if I can't dial in?

I've  tried for past 3 days and can't make HDMI out working in this Alienware M18x computer.

Today i've bought 2nd HDMI-2-HDMI cable for 50 pounds and I still can't connect to my SAMSUNG LCD T24B350 monitor, what's funny if I use the same cable and connect it using Keningston Dock station everything works fine.

If I am unable to connect my monitor directly to the laptop I want my money back.

Comment after solving the problem:

That was because docking station is using DVI, and DVI-2-HDMI connector, DVI doesn't have to wait to synch signal from the monitor.

Solution which I've found after 3 days of fighting is provided below

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tommyrog
1 Nickel

Re: I AM FED UP WITH NEW ALIENWARE NOTEBOOK

Jump to solution

I've found the solution!!!

• If hdmi in is working, motherboard and hdmi out should be fine.
  • Buy more expensive cables, will get better quality, cheap "good" cables might lead to corrupted data transmission.
  • And change settings in the registry!

HDMI protocol is completly different to VGA or even DVI, it waits for signals back to turn on transmission.

http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20deciphered.htm

http://askville.amazon.com/Dell-Optiplex-recognizes-Samsung-52-LCD-HDMI-DVI-cable-connected-LG-monit...

"The DVI cable is looking for a signal back from a computer monitor to tell it that it's connected to a monitor. The HDMI cable isn't giving your PC a signal back, so the computer doesn't know it's connected to a monitor."

So:

• Even If I have updated Samsung's 24" firmware,
  • Even If I have updated Geforce drivers - but this should be done, some new values will be added to the registry and this is very imporant
  • I've to enable VGA Compabilty to make Windows not waiting for the synch signal.

TO MAKE YOUR HDMI MONITOR WORKING ON HDMI OUT PLEASE  go to regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

and for every directory like \{2D5BA881-99A8-4757-A06E-CB5493B97A39}

and for every diretory inside from 0000 to 0005 if exists

example HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{2D5BA881-99A8-4757-A06E-CB5493B97A39}\0000

change VgaCompatible to 1, this will solve problem with signal synchronization