Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Re: NO HELP FROM SUPPORT

If the angle is 0 (completely fitted), rather wont work,

if you change it to let's say 5-10 degrees it will work without any problem, unless you accidentally touch the cable,

If you are absolutely sure the cable is good ...

yes, it sounds like the HDMI port is damaged.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
tommyrog
1 Nickel

@Tesla1856, @morble, thank you for quick response to my previous posts and putting in doubts cables again 

As I was expected Alienware organs sits in metal case/cage, so I took a flashlight to check the HDMI OUT port - it looks fine, totally fine. 

As both of you mentioned cable again, I took knife and cropped a little HDMI plug isolation. Why?

Before this I've measured the deep of HDMI port and is deeper than the plug.

Result, case seems to be solved.  

My findings are (am I right?):

In comparsion to heavy made Alienware laptop the Samsung monitor has no case covering HDMI port, that's why HDMI cable fits so goodly. 

Alienware packed in metal case hides HDMI port about 3-4 mm inside the cover, so the plug should be just longer to get deeper.

More I have compared the distances between [cover --> the beginning of  HDMI port] for HDMI IN(right side) and HDMI OUT(left side) and must admit that HDMI OUT is 2 times farer to reach than HDMI in (like motherboard mounted closer to right side, but that's ok...

The cable I've bought and works, but needed knife to improve it:  Sandstorm HDMI 2 HDMI 10,2 Gbps Black Servers 2m - £ 50,- (IMHO overpaid)

The cable I've bought earlier just for connecting with desktop - Neet® - 1m - HDMI to DVI Digital HD Video Cable - £ 5,95 won't work at all ( link )

Which cable do you suggest?  Where to buy it?

Again thank you for your help and sorry for doubting in Alienware!

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

I get my HDMI cables at MonoPrice.com. From the plastic to the end of the HDMI cable is 8mm ... Here, I'll check another brand ... yep, 8mm ... that's got to be in the standard specs. or something.

I've never seen an HDMI cable "bottom-out" or press all the way up against the outer case of anything. They always have another 0.5-2.0mm to go (if they could) or a 0.5-2.0mm space.

This is accomplished by the tip of the metal HDMI socket not being recessed into the device by more than 1.0-1.5mm . If any more than that, it looks like the HDMI plug will either be flush with  the outer case and if just a little deeper ... start to not be inserted all the way in (because the outer case is in the way). It will "look like" it's connected all the way, but it's really not.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                              

0 Kudos