Solved! Go to Solution.
I appreciate your efforts to enable the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. You will need to create Hibernation partition on the SSD to use the acceleration feature. Please follow the steps provided below to create the Hibernation partition:
1. Execute Disk Management.
2. Select the SSD disk (disk1).
3. Right click to bring up the menu options list, and select “Initialize Disk”.
4. Initialize Disk as "MBR" format.
5. Right click to bring up the menu options list, and select “New Simple volume”.
6. Follow the wizard to create new volume.
7. Run “Command Prompt” as administrator, execute “Diskpart.exe”.
8. At the diskpart prompt, type the following commands as shown below:
DiskPart> list volume
DiskPart> select volume X (X is volume number of your store partition. size is 11G)
DiskPart> set id=84 override
9. A Hibernation Partition will be created.
After creating the Hibernation partition, you may enable acceleration from the IRST application. Please let me know about your findings.
hello rajath, thank you very much for the prompt reply. I kindly appreciate it, before i give your suggestive actions a go, may I ask how much space the hibernation partition should I allocate out of the 32GB?
Many thanks in advance!
So Rajath, I tried your method and set it to a hibernate partition and rebooted my computer but it still doesnt show on my iSRT with the accelerate option. do we have anymore options?
Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to re-install Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and check if the Accelerate button is enabled.
Please let me know about the status.
Àbsolutly sure !
I received my laptop with the ssd Disk formated And so visible in the windows explorer.
No option was visible.
Just after having deleted the partition , the option became visible without doing anything else !
I'll try this as I only formatted the SSD and didn't try to delete the partition yet. I think after deleting the partition it would not be visible in explorer I I believe by "option" you mean accelerate option ?