Cloudyherb
1 Nickel

SSD intel SRT accelerate button missing (caching)

Jump to solution
Hello there fellow alienware owners I am a newcomer to this club and have been out of the loop of tech stuff for about 4 years since I was living under a rock. recently I have been doing some intensive researching because I bought my new m17x R4 laptop. so here is the setup, Windows 7 pro sp1 i7 3740QM 1TB 5400 rpm HDD 32 gb SSD HD 7970m 32gb ram Of course my purpose was for caching to boost performance. so upon booting from factory setting, the iSRT interface did show the accelerate tab, I clicked into but click cancel again to jump out to ensure I have the right setting from all components, i then immediately reboot and checked my bios, which it read as RAID, after logging in and opening my ISRT, the accelerate tab when missing. I did a few things from here on: i updated to the newest driver after i uninstall the previous ones. I have switched back to AHCI then reboot, then reboot again to change to RAID, then reboot again to no avail. It still wont show. out of desperate measure, I checked there aren't any partition on the SSD so I reformat the SSD. Then I restore the system back to its factory state. which the older driver was install, the bios was in RAID mode but the accelerate tab still doesn't show. I have now updated my BIOS to the latest version A11 too which still doesn't help. Anyone could help me on this?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erwinbantilan
1 Copper

RE: SSD intel SRT accelerate button missing (caching)

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
20 Replies

Re: SSD intel SRT accelerate button missing (caching)

Jump to solution

Hi Cloudyherb,

I appreciate your efforts to enable the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. You will need to create Hibernation partition on the SSD to use the acceleration feature. Please follow the steps provided below to create the Hibernation partition:

1. Execute Disk Management.
2. Select the SSD disk (disk1).
3. Right click to bring up the menu options list, and select “Initialize Disk”.
8814.HP1.png

4. Initialize Disk as "MBR" format.
4336.HP2.png

5. Right click to bring up the menu options list, and select “New Simple volume”.
2677.HP3.png

6. Follow the wizard to create new volume.
4162.HP4.png

7. Run “Command Prompt” as administrator, execute “Diskpart.exe”.

8. At the diskpart prompt, type the following commands as shown below:

DiskPart> list volume

DiskPart> select volume X (X is volume number of your store partition. size is 11G)

DiskPart> set id=84 override

Diskpart> exit
2021.HP5.png

9. A Hibernation Partition will be created.
6406.HP6.png

After creating the Hibernation partition, you may enable acceleration from the IRST application. Please let me know about your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

0 Kudos
Cloudyherb
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

hello rajath, thank you very much for the prompt reply. I kindly appreciate it, before i give your suggestive actions a go, may I ask how much space the hibernation partition should I allocate out of the 32GB?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Cloudyherb
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

So Rajath, I tried your method and set it to a hibernate partition and rebooted my computer but it still doesnt show on my iSRT with the accelerate option. do we have anymore options?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Cloudyherb,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to re-install Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and check if the Accelerate button is enabled.

Please let me know about the status.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajath N
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

0 Kudos
NareshKS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Rajesh,

I'm having the same issue, can't see the accelerate button !! Could you please help ?

Regards, Naresh

0 Kudos
titaneflash
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Hi, I Read your post ans i think that i can help you : I just received m'y new Alienware (switch bécause thé last one crashed) And i had the same issue. Indeed, There was a formated partition on the ssd component And thé accelerate option was not visible. To make it bécomes visible , you have to delete the partition ! And thén the option Will bécome visible. Hôpe to be helpfull. Regards.
0 Kudos
NareshKS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Are you sure ? because I have formatted the SSD few times to get this option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
titaneflash
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Àbsolutly sure !

I received my laptop with the ssd Disk formated And so visible in the windows explorer.

No option was visible.

Just after having deleted the partition , the option became visible without doing anything else !

0 Kudos
NareshKS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

ok, thanks

I'll try this as I only formatted the SSD and didn't try to delete the partition yet. I think after deleting the partition it would not be visible in explorer I I believe by "option" you mean accelerate option ?

0 Kudos